Chapter. 28

The wind ruffled my hair as I stood outside leaning against the cold wall while the sun streamed to my face every time clouds would clear up. I look at the watch and noticed it was only five minutes since I last time checked. Why does it go so slow? I mean, I can wait... but I wouldn't mind fastening time so I could see her sooner than later.

I eye the group of students who walked out of the building laughing loudly. It seems like class just ended or they decided to cut it short... I don't blame them, those lectures can be pretty damn boring.

Mentally groaning I tugged my bottom lip between teeth and closed eyes waiting for Andrea to finally show up.

She better hurry.

She's the only one who can take my mind from everything else. I don't wanna think about my mom or her demand who I can guarantee never going to happen. There's no way I would work with her and have to listen for her more than I do right now... I'm trying to keep to the minimum, but if I somehow accept that's mean I have to see her face twice more than right now.

I don't want that.

Dad would want that...

How dare she?

The man she chose to abandon when he laid in the hospital bad fighting for his own life when she sat in a random bar trying to get laid. Typical mother. Maybe that was her way griefing and accepting that he would be gone forever, but couldn't she wait a month or a week? Same day sleeping with others because she lost someone she married just for money.

I shook head trying to erase memories from that night and look up only feeling heart skipping a beat when I noticed the green-eyed girl with wavy brown hair plastered on her face as she walked with dark-skinned girl hand in hand talking.

I narrowed eyes at them. The sudden pit in my stomach formed but I force it to go away erase all ridiculous thoughts. They're just classmates probably. But they seem close... like that girl hand brushing against Andrea's arms and how she threw her head back laughing.

Stop imagining things Maverick.

Andrea's face broke into a bigger smile when her eyes fell on me and she waved sending me a wink. Oh gosh...

"Just think about it... I send you an address if you do. See ya!" The dark-skinned girl rushed to Andrea as they were close to my earshot and walked past her waving her phone.

"What was that?" I curse myself from not being able to stop my words spitting out as Andrea walked towards me.

She looked at the direction where that girl walked and just shrugged. "Nothing... they just have a party today night and they invited me." She smiled putting hands on my shoulders while standing tiptoe and brushing lips softly against mine. I sighed in our short kiss who was to short for my liking. "Don't worry I am not gonna go," She added.

"Why not?" I pull away from a little more so I could have better look at her face.

"I want to be with you," she shrugged like it's no big deal, but I can guess she knows how much it affects me.

"Smooth." I chuckled swallowing a shy smile who was about to escape my lips, but I have to keep my calm persona. She already has to tease me about me being soft... I'm not soft. "But you still can go... it's your last week in college, you should enjoy it."

"I know... but it's in the middle of the week and I don't wanna have hangovers." She whines pursing her lips making my heart pick a speed. "Plus... you told me something about the date?"