Chapter. 21

I close doors behind me flinching as I shut them with a little too much force than I intended. My heart was beating fastly and I had a hard time to breathe, I can feel my legs becoming jelly and if not move now... I would never be able. Blowing out a shaky breath through my tightened throat I start moving through small hall.

Getting myself through the doors where I know would stairs who I decided to use even I can use the elevator, but that thing reminds me of her and she's the last person I wanna think about right now.

I brushed my burning from tears cheeks and start walking down. Thank god, there are not people because I probably look like a ghost or something worse. My makeup was smeared as the tears made my vision blurred, but I still moved along the stairs ignoring arching numbness inside my heart.

I knew I should have started with her... she was bad news all along, from the first moment I laid my eyes on those blue eyes I thought she was something I never want to encounter, but still wanted to be near. She was the devil in disguise, the devil who could and broke me... but it's my own fault. I should never let her close, let her see the part of me I never show anyone.

It's for a better.

I thought... it's for a better get away from her now than it really would be too late. I need to stop myself feel whatever I am feeling towards her... I could simply ask my dad to change my bodyguard... but I can't bring myself to do that. I just need somewhere to be where she can't find me.

I let out a groan when I felt myself colliding with someone soft, but yet strong enough to keep us both steady. I look up and saw a green-eyed girl with dark red hair hovering half of her face as she looked at me with an annoyed expression, but it soon softened. I opened mouth to speak, but nothing came out... I just looked down at her hands who were on my waist with a tight grip keeping me steady.

"Sorry," She said softly tilting her head to the side letting her hands fall beside her.

I let myself to take this stranger presence better... she had a couple of freckles scattered under her eyes and nose, her lips were covered in maroon color lipstick... I scanned down her black pantsuit and bright red shirt who had a couple of buttons undone. I cleared my throat stepping one more step back creating a bigger gap between us.

This woman wasn't older than thirty.

"Yeah me too..." I mumbled brushing the single tear from my cheeks who just escaped my eye.

"Are you okay?" She asked slowly like tasting every word. "Wait that was stupid question... of course, you're not."

"I'm fine,-"

"Mommy! Can we go... please?" Another voice said making me look at the ground and see a small boy with short, dark hair and big blue eyes where I can recognize everywhere.

My heart made a flip as recognized the same boy I saw at Lacy's apartment the first time I met her... he came with Maverick and... oh, god... he called her mom. How could I forget something like this? My eyes widened as the realization hit me... but before I could ask I heard rushed step and Maverick looking like shit was running downstairs and stopped dead in tracks as she saw me with this red-haired woman.

"Natalie? What are you doing here?" Maverick asked after a couple of seconds of tense silence. Her eyes were darting from to the woman whose name is Natalie.

"Mom! Look what I got!" The small boy said loudly rushing past my legs and clinging on Maverick legs, confirming my intuition. In his hands was a small red, car model of the older mustang.

Maverick is a mom... she really is... fuck, what if she's married and I slept with a married woman? Oh god, I don't wanna be a home wrecker... to be cheated isn't fun and I don't wanna be a part of any of it.