Chapter. 10

With trembling fingers, I opened big, brown wood doors stepping inside of my dad office. His secretary said he's at the meeting and I could wait at his office which I was glad about. I don't think I can face my dad for another hour after what happened in the elevator.

Maverick.

My person bodyguard.

Sexy, hot, beautiful, devil with the blue eyes who sucks my soul of me just be looking. She fucking kissed me and run away. Why did she run? I really that horrible kisser... or what. Well, of course, I didn't kiss her back until last few seconds, before she gets all senses back what she's doing and ran out of the silver steel box, leaving me breathless, still pressed against the cold wall.

I can't wrap my head still, my bodyguard, the person who has to keep me safe, out of trouble kisses me senseless in the elevator just couple minutes before I have to meet my dad.

Fucking crazy, I know.

I sink deeper in the black leather sofa and let out deep breathe I don't know I was holding. With fingertips I gaze on my lips, still feeling tingles on them along with my heart beating faster than normal heartbeat should be. The skin she touched still feel hot like her hands burned that's the spot.

My whole body is still on fire.

I need a drink.

I lifted eyes, spotting whiskey bottle near where I was sitting. Smirking I walked and poured more than half of the glass and chugged everything at all. Burning liqueur hit my throat making me flinch and shudder from nasty drink. The pit in my stomach start forming and I felt like throwing up.

I shook the head, grimacing and poured another glass of whiskey. I don't if I get drunk in my dad's office, but alcohol seems like the only potion of forgetting Maverick lips. Taking another large gulp I grimace I hate this shit, why dad always drink just this? Putting the empty glass on the table I felt shot of wave travel straight in my head.

I'm lightweight.

Sucking breathes I slowly walk toward the chair in front of my dad huge desk, trying hard not to trip over my own feet. Two full glasses of whiskey in five minutes and here I'm more than tipsy. I can guarantee in another five minutes my head would start hurting and I drunk more than I intended.

Who cares, anyway?

Your dad?!

Oh, shit, I have to meet my dad.

Well, he has to meet his slightly drunk daughter who tries to erase her mind of the kiss from her bodyguard who he hires thinking she would perfect for her. I scrunch nose when I noticed a picture on my dad desk.

I never saw this picture here.

Stumbling a little I reached for it and gasp escaped my mouth as my eyes fell on the woman standing with love in her eyes probably gazing at the person who took a picture. Her green, light eyes catching sunlight in them had so much love, her long light brown hair was wild as the wind blows them everywhere. She looks familiar.

I can't put a finger where I saw this woman.

Something inside of me says I know here better than I think.

Like she's close to me.

She didn't look old, maybe my dad age or maybe younger by couple years and this photo look like it was taken not a long time before.

"Oh, you're already here," the deep voice said making me look at my dad standing between doors looking with sky blue eyes at me. His hair neatly brushed like every single time, his expensive black suit was perfect as ever.