Chapter 32.

Andrea's POV:

Something is wrong.

I can feel it.

The blood curling, guy wrenching feeling what starts squeezing your neck, slowly going down to your longs and sucking all of your oxygen. It was a feeling I was familiar with. Too familiar if you ask me. Past relationships; with dad or the name, I shall not think about.

They made me embrace a familiar feeling.

I blinked at the white ceilings, soft snore was filling large space of my bedroom. The warmth from the harsh sun and Maverick's tattooed limbs rose the temperature of my body, but I forced myself not to move. It was nice of waking up early enough to see her sleeping.

The tips of dark hair fell on her high forehead, eyes closed with long eyelashes brushing against her pale cheeks. The plum, pinkish lips slightly parted, blowing hot air to the sensitive skin of my neck. It sends a bolt of familiar tingle.

Familiar yet again.

I see I keep saying that word ever since I woke up.

Maverick wasn't familiar to me. She's like a one life experience. The feeling as you first-time traveller to other country and get to see, get to feel the excitement pumping through your veins as you drink selfishly the new sights. It was scary, bumbling anxiety clouding all of your other senses.

But also it was exciting.

Maverick was a new thrill for me.

The one I thought I knew, but I never felt.

Elliot was a lot different from Maverick. Sure, I did love him. The younger me did love him with the life I thought was the biggest and most important thing in the whole universe. I thought he was the one. That he was the one I'll grow old and build a family.

But one moment and poof, everything is gone.

Feelings stayed for longer than I wanted. They tried to destroy me. And they almost did. I broke down and Sophie was the one who picked broken pieces.

As years passed, I started believing I won't be able to feel this feeling. Until I met her. Maverick. My annoying, mean, full of confidence bodyguard. As she's all those things, I can't hide the other side of her. The one I learned to like.

The sweet one. The one I let myself believe is shown only behind close doors. The one who brings me a cup of tea late in the evening when I'm burry myself with school work. The one who rubs my sore muscles and makes me laugh with stupid jokes.

She's just... she's perfect. I couldn't ask for anything.

"What are you thinking?" A soft murmur broke down the silence. Her arm twisted, bringing my body closer to hers. "I hope it's me... I don't think I can compete with whoever put that smile on your face."

I grinned at the sleepy, still raspy voice. "And what would you do if I say it isn't you, huh?"

"Oh, don't tempt me, princess, I can be creative with my ways around."

"Really?" I bit down my lips as her deep-set eyes blinked slowly at me, darkening with a matter of second. "Why do I find it hard to believe?"