Chapter 33.

"Welcome to Hamptons. The place where riches get richer by doing nothing." Sophie muttered stepping out of her car, glasses between fingers as she gazes at the expensive house what her parents own.

The two-story renovated modern house overlooking the endless beach and ocean. The white and sandy coloured walls matched the palms growing outside. Large windows reflected harsh sunlight, letting for us to see expensive furniture inside.

Sophie's parents were wealthy.

"Eh, seen betters if I'm being honest." Lacy shrugged off, teasing grin resting on her slightly tanned face.

"You're an asshole."

"What?" She raised her hands in surrender, eyes darting to Maverick. "Tell her Italy's, Greece hence, even Australia's beaches are the best of the best."

Maverick pulled her brows together, thumb-stopping the circular motions on my knuckles, which made me instantly miss the warmth.

"I don't know. I never was a fan of beaches. The good old camping trip is ten times better than sandy beaches."

"You're insulting me!" Sophie playful put her hand on the chest. "Andy, did she hit her head during sex? She's talking nonsense."

"Please, I really don't want to hear anything about my sister sex life!"

Sophie shot her a glare. "Stop being a prude, dumbass. Anyway, as you're all lost all of your senses, I'm going to get my skin tan and flawless. See ya."

"Is she always like this?" Maverick gestured to my retreating best friend as she walked towards the car trunk and got our bags out.

I shook the head. "Not usually... but it's Sophie, nothing about her screams usual."

"I'm going to check on her." Lacy offered a timid smile, feet are already carrying her towards the direction where Sophie went.

With that Maverick and I were left alone.

I tilted my head upward and found her already staring at me, blue eyes shining with newfound light what I don't think I ever saw before. Letting my heart swell at the sight, I still quirked my brows.

"What... do I have something on my face?" I asked.

"No... I just realised it's our first vacation together,-" she paused, dropping bags on the concrete and came close to me. "-I mean, if you can count it as a vacation. You look beautiful, by the way."

"Are you trying to get into my pants with compliments?" I joked to take her attention away from my embarrassment.

"Is it working?"

Hiding the hotness from my cheeks, I turned my head to the side with a grin stretching across the face. Maverick laughed.

She took my hand in her own. "Come on, let's drop out stuff and explore the Neighbourhood. I saw the small seaside restaurant as we passed."

And so we did exactly what she suggested. As we took one of the guest bedrooms, dropping our stuff and changing into something lighter. I picked a short, lighter shade of red sundress and paired it with flip flops. Adding a circular cream-coloured hat, I was ready to leave the house.

Maverick changed from her work uniform to the white shorts what ended slightly above her knees, a light blue button-down with a few buttons left undone. The corner of dark ink tracing itself out of the clothes outline tickled the tip of my fingers as I wanted nothing more, but to run against the outline of the drawing.

It's getting ridiculous.

Every time I get to be near Maverick adds a need to have her around all the time. I'm starting to feel like an addict.