Chapter. 4

"Hey! Why are you running from me?!" I yelled at Andrea who was walking faster with each passing second. I shook head and felt little out of breath. I chasing her for about ten minutes around the streets and I already can feel anger start building inside of me.

I grumbled and watch her slow down, looking over her shoulder as she ducked into an abandoned looking alley. Oh hell no, she ain't gonna run from me. Taking a deep breath I start running, if she wanna play mouse and cat, we can play. I love to play games, because I know I always win. I looked around and spotted her ducking again.

She's fast I thought and run after her.

Why is she even running from me? It's pointless, even she ran right now, there's no way she would run tomorrow or next six month I agree to protect her of all kind. I slow down and ran to the other side of the street following brown-hair girl who just crossed the street, ignoring driving cars and turned her way toward the park.

Aha! She's not going run from in there. I know every single spot in that park I and Cara, my cousin spent most of the days when I waited from Julia to be done with her work of the day. Suddenly Andrea stopped running as she turned her body facing me. She was out of her breath, panting.

"I give up! Why can't you just stop following me? You told me yourself it's not your day to start work so why are you following me." She breathes out. Her face was crimson red and her brown hair was falling into her face, but she didn't seem to bother by that. Her green eyes looking at me angered and if the look could kill, I would probably dead by now.

I let out a throaty laugh, wiping fake tears. "Because... princess." I started coming nearer to her. I noticed who her body tensed and her jaw muscles tightened. "Your dad pays a lot of money for me to look after you."

"Right, money." She scoffed, stomping her feet, but soon devilish smile appeared on her face who I can tell doesn't mean anything good. She folder arms under chest and smirking said. "Well, let's make it easier for you. I pay you whatever amount of money you want, but you disappear...just like that." She made a snap sound with her fingers.

I start laughing. I didn't hear anything funnier than this. Did she really just suggested money for me? I took another step closer, invading her personal space and watch her green eyes bulge out and lip twitch in anger. I gulped when strawberry scent invaded my nose. Focus, Mave!... you need to focus. I scolded myself.

"No," I whispered inching my lips from her ear. I felt her body tense and she takes abruptly step back like she was just spilled with burning water. "You like or not, princess, but I'm your bodyguard. So no, I'm not gonna disappear from you." I snarled still thinking about her ridiculous suggestion.

"I'll make your work hell." She threatened to step closer to me. I took a sharp breath, suddenly very aware of how near her face is. I shook head... I shouldn't feel like this. No. I put another devilish smirk of mine who I know she hates and muttered in her ear.

"Working for you is hell enough, princess"

"You're an asshole." She scoffed.

"Tell me something I don't know." I barked dry laugh and took a step backward keeping my face straight without emotion.

Working in an agency I was thought how to hide every single emotion. I learned how to hide the pain, anger even love, I learned to mask my every move I take. When I become a bodyguard for people with questionable intention who act like human morally doesn't even exist I learn to shut mines too.

It comes in hand when I need to keep myself from spitting everything at this spoiled brat who thinks she can buy me with her dirty money. Gritting teeth I straightened my dress shirt I waited for Andrea further moves.