Chapter. 15

A groan escaped my mouth as the sun hit straight into my eyes making me flinch as the pain doubled into my head. I really didn't need to drink yesterday that much, but Jade keeps sending me shots as she tried to impress a cute girl with blonde hair who worked as bartender... and I think I remember her going home with us.

Lifting head from the soft pillow I wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth and blink a couple of times, adjusting the new found light. The images of yesterday or I should say today night flooded into my head making my body temperature increase either from embarrassment or how amazing it was.

Well... we basically didn't get much sleep as we continued in the shower... following into the bed and then, well, we fell asleep. But not before we had a serious talk without any sarcastic comments from both side about that it was just one-night stand and we would try avoiding this happening in any other night.

I pushed covers from my body exposing my naked form and I already can see bruises who started going purple onto my skin making me curse because I can guarantee I have a couple of them on my neck... now I need to lie of how I get them because hiding them is pointless if Sophie going to see them anyway.

Two pairs of arm moved around my waist making me realized Maverick didn't leave my bed... my skin tingles under her touch and I had myself to stop from arching my back. I slowly turned around and met with a peaceful sleeping girl with her hair everywhere and her mouth parted slightly blowing hot air.

My heart made a flip of how cute she was and I had to stop myself from smiling. Her skin was pale, smooth and I had to fight with an urge to run my finger through her cheek. Her nose scrunch as a deep sigh escaped her lips before her grip tightened around me making goosebumps appear on the place where her fingers touched.

"It's rude to stare." She mumbled under the nose with the still sleepy voice of hers not opening eyes.

"I'm not staring... I'm observing." I chuckled lifting myself from the bed, making her hands fall with a thud on the mattress. "Anyway... we should get out before someone sees us."

"But your bed is comfy." She whined making me stop dead in the track.

I never saw her this laidback or joking without any sarcastic, cocky remarks and I don't know if I should be shocked or think maybe a demon possessed her overnight. Blinking couple of times, taking my gaze from her still peacefully lying form I stood up leaving myself completely naked.

"Well, either you sleep and hope you don't get fired or get out of the bed and have a shower with me... it's your choice." I said throwing a smirk over my shoulder feeling the same confidence I felt yesterday with her.

I thought this confidence only appears when I'm drunk... but guess it's not. I kinda like it... I was never the bold or confident one... it's always the Sophie who had to stand up for both of us, that's why I never was able to tell my dad off... I was lacking the confidence I'm suddenly carrying right now.

Maverick eyes shot open as she stared with the equally shocked face before she manages to let out. "I thought we both agreed yesterday it's just one-night stand?"

"I know," I shrugged turning my body around before I was to walk into the closet. "But we can let slip it... this time, right?" I raised questioning eyebrow at her. "Unless you don't wanna," I added trying not to show sudden nervousness who appeared out of nowhere.

What are we doing exactly? The voice asked inside my head and I don't have an answer for that. It's just yesterday was an amazing, one of the best nights I ever had... and knowing she's my bodyguard who I have to see every day and night for a rest of a year makes me wonder how I could resist the thought of her laying in my bed again.