Chapter. 22

The sun was harshly blaring at my body, heating up the skin as I laid at the back of the house where the huge lake is. Letting out satisfying sight and scrunch my nose as some tickled me, but it didn't go away making me open eyes and look at the green-eyed woman with a hair brushed neatly by her side and with makeup on spot.

She had her elegant knee-length black dress and two glasses of wine. My eyebrows rose up as she just rolled eyes at me and showed to scoot over as I was sprawled across double lounge bed.

"Did you get sunscreen on?" She asked sitting carefully not to spilling the wine and gave of the glasses for me which I gladly took it.

"Yup," I nodded popping the 'p' and took a sip if the red wine.

We both fell into a comfortable silence as I gaze at the dark blue mixed with green color water and smiled at the thought of how it's beautiful down here. I never thought I would like being here... with a woman who calls herself my mother.

It's been two days since I last been in the city and two days since last I saw of Maverick... it's hard. When I came here, searching for an escape, trying to clear my head from the bad thoughts... and mostly forget about the small feeling I have for her... but what I get to know, it's impossible for me to not to think about her. What is she doing down? Is she sad? Or she found a replacement to fuck instead of me?

My skin was craving her touch and lips time to times feel a ghosted kiss who taste like just drank coffee. I need to stop... I need to stop myself from thinking about her. I said myself, we both are done even if we didn't have anything going on apart two people sleeping together. She probably didn't even care about me and found another girl to fuck as her wife wait in the home with her son.

I looked down at the table near where I was laying as my phone starts vibrating. I pursed my pink lips in annoyance as I already knew what is calling me.

Sophie had been calling me non stop and same with Lacy... they have been asking where I am, and if I'm alright. Of course, I send a message that I'm alright, just need time to think for myself and since then I was ignoring them. I couldn't help myself as the huge part of me was expecting a message from her, but none. She didn't text nor called.

That what I need to realize I am nothing to her.

Just another girl.

"You know, you have to answer that phone someday," Elisabeth said with a soft voice and gave me a pointed look and deep down I knew she's right, but I couldn't bring mauled to admit so just scoffed, rolling my eyes and continued to look at the lake.

She didn't say anything anymore.

She knows I'm not going to call her my mom... she told me herself I can call her Elisabeth or any other short name form it as she completely realized she wasn't in my whole life and don't have any right to be called a mother. My heart broke as I saw her saddened eyes, but all she did was smiled and continued to do dinner on my first night being here.

I close my eyes letting out a long breath as the thought I had for a past day wandered inside my head again and my body head screamed to ask her, but my heart was telling me to be quiet. Good thing I'm not going to list that bitch anymore... she's giving bad directions to me.

"Why now?" I let it slip out of my mouth as I put an empty wine glass on the table next to me and looked over brown-haired woman.

"Huh?" She tilted head with confusion washing over her face.

"Why now... why now, you told me that you're my mother?" My voice was shaky and I can feel my chest inflating and letting my heart beat faster.

"Um, it was part of an agreement between your grandpa... my dad and William. After your graduation you going find out a truth" She replied after a couple of seconds of silence. Sitting up straight and putting an empty glass on the ground next to hers with her eyebrows brought together she looked up at me. "I was just sixteen years old when I first met your father... he was a weird one... very weird guy. We become friends who always argue with each other... but something change and we both fell in love." She smiled bitterly at the end making my heart shudder as I saw just pain in her light green eyes.