Chapter. 13

I clench my black small purse as I looked through the car window at the moving city. It was already dark with light from tall buildings making it look magnificent, breathtaking. But I couldn't enjoy the view I getting because of the tension I can feel inside the cat between me and Maverick who is sitting behind wheel.

She didn't tell a word since I got out of the elevator and got inside the car and it was already half an hour which is killing me. For some reason, I don't like this silence... I want to speak, talk what is she doing... what is she doing to me, but the other small part of me telling not to ruin a moment.

I lifted eyes when I felt someone staring at me. Two pairs of blue eyes were burning daggers into my skull making harder for me to breathe. I can feel the same tingle running through my bones igniting a fire inside of me. Why is she looking at me like she wanna me died? Like I am the worst person in a world to be with.

"We're here." She finally uttered in the lowest tone I could ever hear. I looked around and indeed the car was parked outside the building which looks like luxurious hotel... where people stay if they have money.

I didn't say anything just got out of the car ignoring death stares I got from Maverick and start walking toward the entrance. I remember my dad saying something about the last floor... a penthouse to be exact. Typical rich girl dream. Match made in heaven the annoying voice butt in and I couldn't even deny. I'm a typical rich girl too and I can't even deny that.

I gave a polite nod to the receptionist who didn't even dare to stop me as I continued walking toward the elevator. Elevator. God, I can't even look in that metal box not even having a single thought about my encounter with Maverick and me in the elevator. But what happens in the elevator stays in the elevator? Right?

I pressed one and the only button who was on the penthouse floor and I watch doors shutting taking me to the date I already hate. I hope she's better than most of her family, but I can never know... that family is something you never want to encounter in your life and expecting Mr. Parker daughter to be different from her family is unreal.

Doors opened and I came in view with single doors standing in front of me in all glory and I didn't wait for anything more before my knuckles hit fancy doors. I can hear heels hitting hard floors and soon doors opened revealing model looking girl with greenest eyes I ever saw. Her curled raven hair fail gracefully on both on her shoulders and lips covered in dark red lipstick formed a large grin revealing pearly white teeth.

I scanned her a couple of inches taller frame which makes her five foot nine. She was wearing a black similar dress to mine just with deeper neck cut. Smirk formed as caught me looking at her up and down, but she did the same scanning me with her green eyes.

"You must be Andrea...it's nice to finally put a picture on the name. I heart so much about you." Smooth voice with a strong British accent rang inside my ear pulling me out of a daze.

"And you must be, Jade." I nodded sticking my hand for her, but what I didn't expect for her to pull me inside her apartment.

"Come on... I need to have a drink before I face my dad." She shouted over her shoulder as she walked further into the room swaying her hips side to side.

Drink? The thing I need the most right now. I thought as I trailed after her to the kitchen with a dark interior. Jade was holding two glasses of Scottish whiskey and as she saw me she pushed glasses to me before winking.

"So Andrea. What did your dad offer you to take me on this gala of yours?" She lifted dark perfectly shaped eyebrows at me. I started choking on my drink. What the hell? How did she know my dad had to bribe me for taking her into the gala? But before I could ask she laughed probably from my face. "Relax... if it makes you feel better I got something too from dad."