Chapter. 16

A curse left my mind as my hands were stumbling over an earring I'm trying to place inside my ear, but so far it was unsuccessful as my hands wouldn't stop shaking. Blinking couple times, hiding my green eyes behind eyelashes and opening again I sighed when I finally was able to place golden earring inside my ear.

Letting my hand through my slightly curly brown hair I scanned my outfit for this evening which was tight dark red dress without straps leaving my shoulders bare and with a round cut on my chest.

After I was in the middle of our talk with Maverick I got a call from my dad assistant how surprising... he can't even make an appointment with his own daughter by himself. Apparently, he wanted to see me for dinner at some fancy restaurant who I can guarantee chose his assistant. She didn't tell me any detail just giving an agreed and the time I have to be.

Right now I have to move fast by trying to dress up and look presentable by covering all bruises Maverick left yesterday. It was hard, but I made to hide most of it... of course if we don't count a dozen on my stomach and back.

Talking about Maverick.

We didn't have time to discuss much as we both become distracted by each other and when we finally decided to continue our talk I got a call.

Grumbling under nose I swatted myself down and slipped into black heels and stood in full height only finding Maverick standing behind me with eyes full of hunger. I scanned her same white dress shirt and dark blue jacket with machine slacks, but now she didn't bother to put a tie who was like a signature for her, but I don't mind seeing tattoos of her who were sticking out of her neck.

"What time do you need to be?" She asked slowly, gulping as she carefully inches her body to mines putting hands on my hips and squeezing slightly.

I looked at the watch and saw it was already 6:30 pm and I need to be there at eight, but I know what that restaurant is in another side of the city and it would take time before we reach it through busy streets of New York. Feeling tingles on my body who igniting a fire in my bones I gulped not taking my eyes from the Maverick reflection and I tried hard to fight the urge of pushing her down to the bed and finishing what we started earlier.

"In half an hour, but we need to leave now because of the traffic," I mumbled finally after short, intense feelings filled the silence.

"Okay... I'm going to bring the car." She nodded shortly before disappearing out of my room leaving me missing her burning touch on my body.

I really hate my dad for ruining my peaceful evening. I mean, I knew this part coming where he calls me to yelled at me because I don't fucking attended that Gala, but I thought I still had time until tomorrow to prepare myself, but no he decided to make a fucking dinner.

Clapping my red painted lips I start moving around my room picking a small black purse where my phone was with other unnecessary things and walked out of the room. Heels hitting the floor was the only sound who was heard inside my silent apartment, but I couldn't care less as I step inside the elevator only finding very impatient looking Maverick.

Her eyes scanned me one more time and I didn't have time to react as my purse hit the elevator ground and my back met cold wall making me groan. Two hungry lips locked with mines and it didn't wait for anything as she deepened the kiss, making it more passionate and rushed. The heat who was still in my body doubled increasing tension and excitement between my legs.

Fuck... if she's going to kiss me like this every time she sees me... I don't know if I could take this.

My hand found a way to her hair pushing her deeper into herself, enjoying the feeling of her lips trailing down my face to neck. Fuck. Her teeth gaze softly, but enough to make another bruise on my skin and I don't know what feeling is bigger right now... wanting to strangle her right now, because I don't have time to cover her artwork... or the increase of the heat between my legs.