Chapter 31

Sorry I took so long to post it. It's still not edited.

I sat at the kitchen barstool with a cup of coffee in hand smiling a damn fool as I watch Andrea being all cute with Leo. I actually never knew she was so good with kids, I mean, I knew she has twins who are couple years older than Leo, but they practically never were around Andrea when she still lived in her dad's house.

But looking at her now interacting with Leo who's the most important little human in my life is melting my heart.

My eyes locked with green ones and I have to remind myself how to breathe for a second.

Her face was covered in orange sun rays who were streaming through big kitchen windows and her wide smile making my heartbeat thousands of times faster than it normally should be. I have to stop myself from blurbing the words I don't wanna tell just yet.

The whole awkwardness who was today when I picked her up from university was gone. I finally could breathe seeing her all smiley and happy interacting with Leo. I bring a cup near my lips hiding my smile behind white cup rim and sip hot liquid grimacing at the lack of sugar, but I knew I shouldn't put any of that. I took Julia's advice and cut half of it.

"Mom, can you make those cookies you always make?" Leo asked looking at me with his blue eyes making my heart melt at the sight.

My brows rose up and looked at Andrea who had mischievous smile dancing on her pink lips. They are up to something. "You just had ice cream... don't you think it's enough for you, buddy?"

"No," He shook his small head pulling his bottom lip and I have to remind myself he just four years old, but he always was bright kid, more mature than he should be at his age. "Please?"

"Yes, babe. Can you make it?" Andrea asked pursing her lips too making my heart pick up speed.

I gulped, taking a deep breath I stood up knowing I don't have the power to say no to these two. Grumbling under nose I moved around the isle and start preparing products I would need. I felt Andrea and Leo moving around and soon they were gone out of the kitchen.

I put everything into the bowl and start mixing it crating a mass of chocolate cookies.

I didn't felt time going by and soon I was putting everything into the pan and pushing into the oven. I set a timer and was ready to start doing the cleaning, but was stopped by a pair of arms wrapping around my waist and head being placed on my shoulder. I smiled at myself just realizing how I missed Andrea.

Today was a mess... me being scared and creating an awkward atmosphere between us two did take a toll on me.

"Are you alright? You seem deep in thoughts today." Andrea mumbled. Her hot breath tickling back of my neck, sending chills down my spine.

I took deep breath spinning around and facing green-eyed girl and brushed my lips against hers, tasting vanilla ice cream she had just an hour ago. "I'm am, now."

"Aren't you smooth?" She smirked tightening her grip. "Leo is very sweet."

"I know," I nodded smiling. "He got everything from Natalie... except for look, of course."

Andrea sighed with her grip tightening around my body even more. Her eyes hid behind her long eyelashes and second, later she looked at me with completely different emotions in them. I remember the same look she had after her dinner with her dad and the older woman who is her mother apparently.

"I know something is bothering you, but," She started pausing for a second. "I want you to tell me when you're ready... and to know that I'm here for you, no matter what."