Chapter. 17

With my flushed cheeks, I step inside the luxurious restaurant who was full of rich people having their dinners. Running a hand through the soft fabric of my dress I smoothed wrinkles who might appear after my encounter with Maverick in the car. Taking a deep breath my eyes fell on the host who was already looking at me with his eyes roaming all over my body.

I cleared throat stepping closer to him and bring attention to me and not my body. The young host cheeks flushed and he smiled what should be dazzling smile trying to cover the fact he just checked me out.

"How can I help you miss?" He asked trying to sound as polite as he could with his eyes not leaving my face not even for a second.

"A table under Mr. Harrington name," I muttered clutching my purse strap tighter as I felt nervousness start rising inside of my stomach.

The young guy moved his dark hair out of his face nodding head and plastering large smile as he motioned with his hand at the furthest side of the restaurant. "Of course, this way I please." He added waiting for me to start walking.

I pushed myself aside of him trailing after his steps as he leads to the table where my dad sat. I can feel a couple of interesting stares I get from the people we walked past but ignored them as my eyes were set on a couple sitting behind the table. My dad as always looked perfect, with his dark suit and blonde hair brushed neatly as his eyes were set on a beautiful brown hair woman. I didn't saw her face as she was facing her back at me,

But something about her screamed familiarity.

I gulped feeling my throat tightening as two pairs of blue eyes fell on me and fear mixed with slight anger flash through them.

My dad stood up, plastering his confident smile and soon the woman with light brown hair turned around and I had myself to stop from gasping as the woman from the picture I take from my dad stood in front of me. Her green eyes similar to mine filled with tears and soft, but at the same time, a sad smile crossed her face.

Who is she?

I thought after yesterday when I didn't show up at the event I can forget forever about knowing who she is. My head felt dizzy from all the questions who swarmed inside of my head right now. Question after question was trying to spill out of my mouth, but all I could stare at the woman without a word leaving my mouth.

"You're late." My dad pipes in checking his wrist and for a second I thought my cheeks would go bright red as I remembered why I'm late, but I was able somehow to avoid the hint of embarrassment on my face.

"William, stop it." The older woman with similar green eyes to mine cut in with a tight-lipped smile as she looked at my dad who seems to shrink into his place after a cold stare this woman gave to him. "Let her be." She added this time smiling softly at me.

I cocked my head at confusion why my dad looked so calm and like he's scared of her, but shook head realizing I need to know my answers now. "I'm sorry... but who are you?"

"We should eat... and discuss everything later." My dad spoke again helping to sit unfamiliar woman on her chair before he helped me too.

Annoyance swapped inside of me as I realized he's trying to win more time and keep me at unknown even himself knowing how much I hate that. But still, I succumb my curiosity as I looked at already a table with food which means my dad already ordered for me. My stomach twisted when I looked at the delicious made steak and I realized how actually hungry I am.

"So, why don't you tell me why you didn't show up at the gala yesterday?" The older man with blue eyes asked taking the glass of expensive wine and taking a small sip.