Chapter. 23

"Hey, it's me... Sophie, your bestie if you remember having it... anyway, you're in big trouble from me and very pissed bodyguard of yours who looked like a fucking zombie... cute zombie. Anyway call me or I'll kill you,-"

"What do you mean she looks like a zombie?" I asked with my trembling heart cutting her voicemail short and heard her gasp at the other end of the line.

My hand squeezed a wheel tighter as I drove at the early in the morning to the city. Elisabeth was still sleeping when I left, I didn't know what to say to her so I just left, leaving a note telling her we would talk some other time. When I first got into the car my phone starts ringing, but I waited it send to the voicemail, but I couldn't help as I cut it short picking up.

"Well, hello to you too... how are you? Enjoying the last minutes of your life? I think you do... good, enjoy because your so fucking-,"

"Sophie cut the crap and tell me what happened?" I cut her again rolling my eyes at Sophie and the drama queen act.

What could be wrong with Maverick? Why is she even angrier, it's not like I did something wrong... no, I Did something great. I cut the misery short saving myself and maybe her for possible heartbreak. If someone should be angry it's me... she didn't tell me she had a son and wife on who she probably cheated on... not probably, she really did.

The one thing I hate more than pineapples on the pizza. That shit is disgusting... okay going back to the point. Cheating is the thing I hate the most... I could never do such a thing and I don't wish to my worst enemy. I can't imagine someone feeling that pain I felt when I found Elliot with a Kirstina in a bed together.

I shut my eyes as I stopped at the red lights sucking a deep breath because of the pit of anger in my stomach. When I opened it was already green light so I hit a green light waiting for Sophie to talk, but she was mumbling something on the other side of the line. I sighed pushing red button ending the call as I finally saw my apartment building coming in view.

I took a turn to the garage and parked into my private spot and getting my small bag Elisabeth got me as I couldn't get back in the city and start walking to the silver steel box. The weird feeling erupted inside of my stomach, but I was able to push it inside the small box and press a pin code for a specific floor.

It didn't take a long before elevator came to halt opening to the dark looking apartment and I couldn't help, but gulp nervously. It was strangely quiet... too quiet. I shook head. I just imagining... it's nothing wrong that empty apartment is quite. It's fucking normal.

Shrugging my jacket off of my shoulders and putting it in the kitchen isle I opened an empty looking fridge, but I still was able to find a cold drink which was a beer. Fantastic. Drinking alcohol in the early morning I thought as propped the cap open and took a large gulp of the bittersweet taste. I never was a fan of the beer, but looking at the fridge I would rather drink this than a badly looking milk.

I need to do grocery shopping.

I put a half-empty bottle in the counter and lean in closing my eyes enjoying the moment of silence I could get right now, because knowing Sophie, she's already on her way ready to kill me.

"Did you really thought, you could run away from me... huh?" A rough voice sending shivers down my spine and making my heart do a flip hissed into my ear.

As I realized who is talking my whole body stiffened from realizing how close she actually is. Relax, Andrea. Remember? No feelings... act normally, without giving yourself to her again.

"What do you mean? I didn't run away, I just simply took a couple of days of vacation." I spoke shrugging my shoulders carelessly and spun around facing very angry looking Maverick.