Chapter. 7

"Where do you think you're going?" The annoying raspy voice asked as I tried sneaking my way from the house unnoticed, but guess today is my bad look.

Damn.

I gulped feeling my heart start beating faster from fear and adrenaline to run off... like right now, but I know I wouldn't do that in four inches heels and short party dress who reached a slightly higher than my knees. And I know if I tried to run I would plank myself onto my face running just a couple of feet.

I turned my body fully to blue-eyes devil, facing her curious mixed with amusement eyes. I can say she's good bodyguard, I mean she noticed me trying to run off while previous didn't even blink by my departure. She was leaning against the wall, arms folded under her chest and head tilted obviously waiting for my excuse why I'm trying to escape.

"I'm going to buy milk?" I muttered giving tight lip smile and hitting myself with brick mentally because of how stupid she has to be to believe I was going to buy fucking milk. Good job Andrea, she really believes you.

Maverick lifted eyebrow leaning closer to the place where I was with amused expression in her face. "You're going to buy milk in a dress?" She gestured at my short black dress which hugs perfectly my curves.

I put a fake large smile and nodded. "Yeah, I didn't know there's a clothing code in the shop."

"There isn't, princess." She nodded to taking a step closer to me. "But how stupid you keeping me again?"

"Stupid enough not to notice me?"

"Very funny." She laughed dryly wiping fake tears. Soon when she was done laughing of me she straightened her white dress shirt who had a couple of buttons undone giving a glimpse of her collarbone. "So now tell me... where the fuck you think you're going."

Her blue eyes flickered to serious one leaning even closer to me. Her minty breath mixed with a hint of coffee hit my skin making goosebumps appear everywhere on my body. I squirmed uncomfortably by how close she is and how her body heat ignites the fire inside of me.

My eyes flickered to her blue ones and I suddenly felt how my mouth went drier than Sahara desert. She's close. Her body is almost flushed against mine... just one step and our faces would be touching. My eye felt in her lips for mare second and I would lie if I tell I don't have a temptation to kiss them.

I took my eye from her lips and lol straight at those blue eyes.

"I... um, none of your... business?" I stuttered facepalming myself mentally of how stupid I sound.

But it's also true. being my personal bodyguard doesn't give her the right to know every move of mine. Yeah, I know she's a person who has to protect me by being near and knowing my location, however, that doesn't mean I can't attend a party because she would say it's not safe and blah, blah, blah...

I really hate having a bodyguard.

"Where?" Maverick muttered through gritted teeth while inching her face.

I bit lip, feeling my heart hammering inside of my chest and skin tingling from blue-eyed devil hot breathing against my skin. I can't let her ruin my day. I was really excited about going out for the first time in a while and now looking at this girl standing in front of me who clearly want to ruin my mood infuriates me.

I cleared throat and push her away from me to get back all my senses back as I gaze straight at those eyes searching for something who gives me the strength to finally stand up for myself.

"To a party. Happy? Now let go of me I have a friend waiting for me." I muttered under my nose thinking about Sophie who probably is pissed at me by now. She hates when people are late making her wait and wonder if they show up at all. I hate it too... but Sophie, she's a different kind of story.