46 • hate

"Do you want to find out the gender already?" The doctor asked when she sat down on the chair beside me. Ashton sat on the other chair while he held onto my hand, nervous but so excited. 

"No, but could you write it down so we can find it out with our families next week?" Ashton asked and she looked at him with a smile.

"Ofcourse I can do that." She said while lifting up my shirt so she could put the freaking cold gel on me. "So how was the tour so far?"

"It was great so far and I'm really looking forward to go to Europe now." I replied and she smiled before putting the probe of the ultrasound against me, I watched on the screen and it didn't take her long to find the little human and its heartbeat. I smiled the second I heard its little heart beat. "It looks like its sucking its thumb" I said as tears quickly came to my eyes and I looked at Ashton but he wasn't even trying to hide the tears.

"Yeah it is." The doctor said and she moved the probe around a little to get a better view and when I looked back at Ashton, he was filming the ultrasound machine. "So here we have its second hand with 5 fingers like it should." She said before moving to her legs. "And each foot has 5 toes so everything is normal so far. There is nothing that looks abnormal so that's great. I'm going to check for the gender now so I don't know how good you learned to read ultrasounds in med school."

"I'm going to look away for just a minute." I replied with a chuckle before closing my eyes while Ashton just watched, he couldn't even see what the baby was in the first ultrasounds so he's not going to see it.

"Alright, you can look again." She said after a minute and when I looked back at the screen, I saw strawberry moving its arms a little which brought an instant smile on my face. "By the end of next week you should be able to start feeling those movements so don't panick too much. It will feel a little weird in the beginning but it's totally normal. If you're not sure, just go see a doctor and let them do a quick ultrasound." She said as she let us watch it a little longer, "I'm going to write down the gender and put it in an envelop but if you want to keep watching, just hold it here." She said and I nodded immediately while taking over the probe from her. "I'll be right back." She said when she got up and left the room.

"It's actually looking like a little human now with those little fingers and toes and I'm sure it's smiling." Ashton said before filming my belly. "Hey little strawberry, I just thought you should see you are inside of there right now. Your head is laying right underneath your moms hand and your toes are all the way here." He said before touching my belly with his free hand. I saw him ending the video before looking back at me and placing a kiss on my forehead. "We made the cutest kid in the world."

"We definitely did." I replied with a laugh before putting the probe away again and taking a napkin to remove the gel.

"Okay, here is the baby's gender." The doctor said and she handed the envelop to Ashton before helping me clean off the last bit of gel. "So I just got the results from your bloodwork back too and everything is looking good so far, just keep getting your checkup every other week for the next two months and I will keep in touch with your doctors from back home. Other than that your uterus seems to be growing faster than it usually does in a first pregnancy and is more looking like a second or third pregnancy but that's nothing to worry about. That just means you will start showing more faster and it's a good thing you'll be telling your family this week before it gets out." She said and we both just listened to her and nodded. "Are you still taking your meds?"

"Yes, I'm taking them like you said after our last visit."

"I'm going to change that a little so you can slowly start building them off over the next month as everything is going very good." She said and I nodded. "Have you already decided about having a C section or not? I know it's early but in your case it's important."