Chapter 6

Bruce walks into the Batcave just in time to see Blair knock Jason off his feet

Bruce walks into the Batcave just in time to see Blair knock Jason off his feet. The two had been training for a week, yet as far as Jason had gotten and how much he had improved, he still managed to find himself on his back, Blair towering over him in triumph.

Bruce stood next to Alfred, watching as Jason sprang back up, swinging a kick that Blair easily dodged. Just as it seemed that they were evenly matched, Jason threw a punch. That punch ended with him on his knees on the ground, arm twisted around his back.

"She's not going easy on him, is she?" Bruce observed.

"Was that what you were expecting when you asked her to train him?" Alfred laughed lightly.

"Not really, but I wasn't expecting to see him on his back or knees as much." Bruce answered, watching as Jason laid flat down on the mat, Blair crossing her arms and scolding him.

"I did!" Alfred laughed. "But between you and me, he is getting better. Soon he'll be immune to the pain from all the bruises he's getting in training."

Bruce sighed, facing Alfred. Alfred stopped laughing, getting serious once more, "Don't worry so much Master Wayne. They're doing great."

"We're done here. If I knock you on the ground one more time, we're going to have to find a replacement for you faster than Bruce found Dick's." Blair lectured. Jason was laying flat on his back, staring at the cave ceiling, the bruise on his eye from last week almost completely healed, but another forming on his right cheekbone.

"Not a replacement." Jason replied. Blair rolled her eyes, walking over to the computer to check the time.

"Yes, that's why you're training to be Robin." She muttered.

"Heard that!" Jason called out.

"Yeah, you were meant to!" Blair shot back. Noticing Bruce tapping the watch on his wrist, Blair bounced over.

"You're volunteering today before patrol remember?" He reminded her. Jason slowly joined the group, taking the ice pack Alfred had made him.

"Where are you going?" He faced Blair, the ice pack on his left eye. Blair sighed, gesturing him forward, taking the ice pack from him and placing it on the bruise on his cheekbone.

"What did Bruce just say Birdbrain? I'm volunteering before patrol." Bruce looked at the two in amusement. Blair was still holding Jason's ice pack in place, moving his face around to check the rest of his cuts and bruises.

Jason slaps Blair's hands away, "Stop it, I know where my injuries are!"

"Obviously not, you put the ice pack on your eye instead of your cheek." Blair disagreed as Jason held his ice pack on his face.

"Well it's hard to pinpoint the exact locations because EVERYTHING FUCKING HURTS!" He exclaimed. Blair coughed, hiding a laugh. "I feel like training with Bruce will honestly hurt less."