IV.

Annalise:

My gaze wandered over to the babies lying side by side on the bed, through the mirror. I smiled as Adam entered the room staring at me shamelessly.

"I'll boil over stop staring," I said pulling over the dress as hit hug me. He came close and rested his hand against my hip. It caught me back up to the day during our past...

It was the end of grade 9th. Adam and I were something but exactly not defined what. We just had a heated argument resulting with him back in detention.

"Whatever this was, is over now... You can go back being that doll in that case," he said slamming his locker which was just a bit away from me.

"Really Mr? Who the hell are you to say that I am a doll.... In a case?" I said my eyes pricking with something known as salty tears.

"Annalise Cole... I don't care what you are... Just stuff your shoe in your mouth and go to hell. I hate you and your fucking family," he said inching closer just in front me, my head touching his chest.

"Don't you-" I said punching him right in his jaw as the tears wet my shirt. He looks at me as I quickly wipe my tears away. I rush away from him to the canteen folding my hands round my head and just going to sleep as tears were wet and hot down my eyes. I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I turn to find Nick, my best friend there.

"Are you alright? Do I need to gut Adam Hansen?" he asks throwing his back down next to him and putting his arm around me.

"He..." I sobbed as he held me close to him. I look up at him. He was so calm and gentle... He thought I didn't know he had a crush on me. He was soft and adorable but... He wasn't Adam.

He looked at me and held me there wiping my tears with his handkerchief.

"What happened? Tell me," he urged.

"Adam blamed me and called me a doll in a case... A fragile freaking doll," I said as he drew circles on my back.

"You are fragile... Not like a flower but like an atom bomb," he said. He was the perfect guy for me yet there was my heart that had given way for a jock.

I came close crashing my lips on his soft lips as he held me. Our kiss was soft and gentle. I broke apart for a breath.

"You are a great kisser," he complimented trying to lift my spirits up and I gave way for that smile that now curled his lips.

And we stood there for a few minutes until he had to leave for Biology. I felt a lot better now, my eyes better and my vision not blurry. The next morning, I wanted to show Adam what he was missing so I changed into a pair of purple top and let my hair, straight across my back. I wore black shorts that reached my thigh. Clara speculated over me as though I had grown horns. I walked into Adam's class calling out him. He disengaged from his squad of man-whores.

"You know what... Fragile is better than being a man-whore," I said. He inched closer trying to intimidate me but I was a bomb disguised as a flower.

"Screw you," I said going back to my class. There was a cafe nearby that was meant for sluts, but he's and man-whores and I had certainly become a member of it.

I walked down on many people sliding their tongue in each other's necks. I sat next to the window giving me the view of the street. Nick stopped at the glass as he spotted me and rushed inside.

"You don't belong here... Let's go back... I'll drop you off," he offered looking away from all the others.

"Maybe some other time... Today is just about silent revenge," I said as Adam entered and his eyes found me.

"Don't spoil yourself Anna... You are a great soul." he said and left leaving at a glance at Adam. I tilted my head so that I exposed more of my neck. I removed my jacket and exposed a bit more of skin. The music was some sort of a melody, highly discriminating against the scene.

He walked over to the sound system and changed it to 'We Don't Talk Anymore'. I sighed and grabbed my bag leaving for out before I indulged myself into their trap. That night, I went to a party. Unlike myself, I was dancing with complete strangers. My phone rang. It was Nick.

"Anna... I am worried about you," he said sounding very worried.

"I am at the school party," I said.

"I am coming to get you back," he said and the phone disconnected.

The sweat was making me dizzy so I went out closing my eyes against the air following me.

"I am sorry," I heard Adam say with a rose in his hands.

"Why don't you paint it black and then give it to me." I said turning away.

"I am sorry," he apologized but I was a doll in a case, emotionless as tears started dropping.

"I am going back to my house," I said storming for the exit as he dashed behind me. I turned back for once and said, "It's over. Now in a grave with black roses all over," I said. He inched closer until it was just our lips and heads and everything around. I broke my kiss to see Nick pulling in the car. His face showed hurt but he needed to accept it that I wasnt the perfect girl for him... I wasn't perfect at all... I was broken and shattered trying to mend myself... I was Annalise...

He broke away as we shimmied back to Clara who looked dazzling. We climbed in the car and went to the party area.

The car reminded me of Nick... How awkward it was back then for us that night... For him... He was an angel and I was shit... Yet he never made it uncomfortable for me. He always played it cool lime he never had a crush on me but eyes are the window to the soul and his were the most opened ones I had ever