40.

Annalise:

Sitting in the room was getting boring and boring. I tried to look out the window only to the snow.

I sat back down and closed off my computer with the session playing. I removed the hair tie and looked at myself at the mirror.

I was beautiful. I was good. But why was I wrong?

I sat down on the chair switching the TV.

Nick walked in.

"What happened?" I asked got up and put my hands on his shoulder.

His face looked angry like the rage was deep. He thought he could act. He could fool everybody but not me.

"Nick," I said hugging him and patting his back.

"Hmm," he replied hugging me back.

"Did something happen?" I asked him.

"Nope..." he replied.

"The line of lie is etched on your lips," I said looking at him.

"Did Clara say something?" I asked him.

"What? Did you tell her something that I shouldn't know?" he asked.

"Drop it... Did someone else say something? Hansen did?" I asked hugging him again.

He didn't reply and sighed.

"Well to hell with that I guess..." I said removing my coat from the cupboard and putting on my skirt.

"Anna... Where are you going?" he asked as I removed my top and put another one on.

He didn't ogle like that Hansen.

"Don't worry... I will be back," I said removing my purse and putting my heels.

"Anna..." he said hurrying after me as i marched downstairs with my hair open. A couple of gazes flew by us and I didn't give a fuck about them. I found Adam standing next to Emmet by the door. I went up to him.

"You and me outside," I said. My anger was burning searing my skin. I wanted to do something. Something that caused pain.

"Hmm?" Adam asked turning behind.

"Anna... What are you doing?" Nick asked.

"Shut up!" I said as Adam looked at me.

"Well... I guess Annie is here," he said to Emmet.

"Shut that! If you were a man, you'd meet me outside which I guess you aren't," I said.

"Well at least I have the potential and don't eye someone else's girlfriend," he said putting his hands in his pocket and shrugging.

"Dare say that again," I said.

The chaos of the party died our voices.

"Annie... He doesn't deserve it!" Nick said.

"Neither do you deserve this shit," I said.

"Anna... Please... Stop this," Emmet said.

"Don't make a scene for this man Annie... He doesn't deserve it," Nick said.

Adam:

"Well you are no one to judge Nick... Anna..." Emmet said. I felt my inner sides laughing at Emmet. Nick looked at him.

"You seem civilised and polite... Why do you stay with him?" Nick asked.

"You are no one to judge," Emmet replied sharply with a glare.

"Neither do you Annie," I replied grinning. Revenge was fun. The tears were burning and the sensation was wonderful.

"Enough now... You and me outside now," she said.

"OK," I replied as I walked out. Emmet followed. Nick did too, oh  well.. How could the Barbie be left alone?

"Alone and I mean it," Anna said.

She dragged me outside as we stood there.

"Do you freaking have some self respect? It's just this whiny shit every time we meet? Why?" Anna asked as tears fell down.

I didn't reply.

"Why is this the thing that happens? Why can't you accept that it's over?" Anna asked. She was fully crying now with soaking eyes.

"Annalise... You brought it on yourself," I said. I couldn't surely say that I was okay with her crying.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because you fucking left me alone. You fucking made me your boyfriend. You fucking broke my trust into anything," I said. I clenched my teeth and my fists to keep myself from crying..

"I am sorry... I regret it as much as you do... Probably more... But. Please Adam," she said looking at me.

"You shouldn't have talked to me or given me the least hint of this path you made me walk on... You don't know how much that thing has affected me," I said.

"It's all about you I guess! You don't want to hear how much I..." she trailed off as tears spoke her words. She loved me.

"I know you love me!" I said.

"I know you know that I love you but I want to move on and I want you to too... You deserve someone better," she said.

"There cannot be someone better than you," I said. This was the truth and truth hurts.

"Why can't you let me move on?" she asked.

"Because I know that you don't want to," I said. It was snowing now.

"Adam... Nick is the one who is the best for me..." she said.

"Do you love him?" I threw it right in. She didn't reply.

"He can do things that you can't. He can make me feel protected and safe. That he will always be by me," she said.

It took my every ounce of energy to stop myself from going inside and beating him up.

"Mikalya is everything that I am not... You should be with her..." Anna said.

"Mikalya is beautiful and she makes me happy... She is really great but... Why should you live happy?" I asked.

"Adam don't make it hard for me... Please... All Nick has now is me..." she replied choking.

I unclenched my fist. This was the dead end. The memories were just words and the emotions were the sheets. There was no point in doing this. Anna's face was streaked with tears as the moonlight gleamed on her face. She didn't wear makeup. Mikalya did. Anna knew me. Mikalya does to. Anna is perfect. Mikalya is not. The only thing is that Mikalya can never be Anna. And there can be no one except Anna. I loved her.

"Can he do this?" I asked and collided my lips with her.