33.

Emmet:

The rendezvous with Adam left me speechless and red throughout. I had a bit of drink.

Vanessa looked at me and smiles every time we lock eyes.

I can't blame her though. I myself am laughing.

"Wanna go to sleep?" I asked Vanessa as she yawned.

"No.. I'll stay," she said yawning again.

"You should go," I said handing her the room keys.
She looked at me.

"Aren't you coming?" she asked.

"No... Denise is here. I can't leave her," I replied fetching her on the dance floor.

"Oh... Kay," she yawned again as I hugged her before she retired off. The crowd had thinned and there were people sitting down on chairs and talking. There was barely someone dancing. In the corner, there was a girl in a shimmery dress. She looked beautiful with her hair pulled back. There was a toddler slumped on her shoulder, asleep. She seemed to struggle with her.

"Wait...let me help you," I said walking over to her.

"Thank you," she said. The voice struck the final nails into my heart. It pierced it open and left a gaping hole in its wake.

Clara?

Clara.

Clara!

She looked at me. Her eyes not moving and steady.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as she came closer and something pricked my hand. She had put the fork into my hand and there were beads of blood on my hand.

"Don't come close," she said.

"Clara... Are you alright?" Annalise came running up with someone next to her.

Just great!

"You?" Anna asked.

"I am sorry," I apologised even without knowing for what.

Anna held my hand and pulled me outside.

Clara sat down on the chair with the baby. Tears streaming down.

"Anna.. Calm down!" the guy called.

She dragged me into the hallway.

Then, she held me by my collar.

"Emmet Peterson... Don't ever show your face to Clara or believe me I will kill you," she said leaning in.

"Anna... Stop," the guy said.

"Shut it Nick... You don't know this rascal," she said.

"Look who is talking," the alcohol on me took over my sensible brain.

"What do you mean?" she said removing her hand off my collar.

"The one who herself broke a heart is lecturing me," I smirked. The alcohol hadn't spoken until now.

"Shut it," she said as Nick came closer to her.

"You were the one who broke Adam's heart. You are no one to lecture me!" I said.

"I am repeating it Emmet... Shut it," she said.

"Oh well... You'd like me to... Because miss perfectionist can't bear to hear something wrong. Acknowledge her mistakes," I said. She got closer and with a trembling hand, punched me.

I looked at her. My alcohol wore off quickly but the damage was done.

"You think it's easy?" Anna said as her voice broke into shreds.