XI.

Clara:

Ethan, Mel and all of the other guests arrived, speculating at the decor. Adam staggered into the room standing next to me.

"It's beautiful," he said mesmerised.

"Thanks Addy," I said. Emmet chuckled.

"Only Anna can call me that," he said.

"Whatever you say Addy," I say. He sighed and then pulled my cheek.

"I'll rush back to the office. I'll bring her really soon," he said removing his hand from my cheek and whistling away.

Adam:

"Julia is coming tonight," Ryan said.

"Not Julia," I said kicking off my shoes.

"I know she sucks a lot. Always blabbering," Ryan said.

"The fact that you are my friend doesn't allow you to insult my partner," I said.

"Whatever," he said and left the office.

That's the respect I earned...

I toggled onto Google and checked about Annalise Cole on Wikipedia.

I drooled over her photo with me.

God I am smitten!

I closed the laptop as soon as the beautiful lady entered the office.

"How's it going honey?" Annalise asked.

"It's fine. Julia is coming," I said.

"Mr. Hansen, you should keep your shoes on or neatly by the door." she said gathering them together as I speculated at the view of her sweet sweet ass.

God I am such a pervert!

"You want me to attend for ya?" Annalise asked.

"Wish you could," I said.

"You're right," she said, "Well then. I am leaving out of town to that lecture," Anna said.

"Oh no you can't," I said as if an impulse.

"Why?" she asked raising an eyebrow, "Do you have anything planned?"

Some detective she is...

"Yeah... I want you to be with me when I attend Julia," I said forming a reply. Her eyebrows rose up but a smile then formed up to her. Relieved, I sank into my chair.

"Okay then. Let's prepare the presentation," she said too excitedly.

Another nightmare begins...

She doesn't allow me to do anything but to smell the sweet scent she exhibits. I don't know how my eyelids drooped pulling me into deep slumber.

Annalise:

By the time I looked up from the screen, Adam was snoring. His hand was on my back.

I smiled and tucked a strand of hair that had left the gel he had applied. He snores loudly and pulled me closer to him. I smiled. Removing his hand, I moved his phone to silent.

"Sir... Julia is here," Ryan burst in.

"Ryan... He is sleeping," I whispered, "And I want him to be undisturbed until one wants to lose his job."

Ryan couched and I left the room. I straightened the white frock and came in the conference room.

"Where is Adam?" Julia asked, her spectacles perched into the top of her nose.

"I am in here to cover for him... Annalise Cole-Hansen," I said.

"Ah... The gorgeous lady," she said. I smiled.

...

"You are a really good presenter," she said smiling once I completed.

I smiled. Adam burst in the conference room.

"I am sorry I am late," Adam said but then he looked at me and realised.
"You were late by an hour but your wife covered up for you," Julia said.

Julia left leaving me alone with Adam.

"I am sorry you had to work because of me," he apologized.

"Honey remember that I did your homework in your college and perhaps you know what a workaholic I am," I said.

"Well then I need to treat you. Where are the twins?" he asked.

"They are with Mom," I replied gathering up the files.

"Well then I guess I'll take you to a date," he smiled caressing my butt. I sighed and followed him outside. We sat in my car and he sat behind the steering wheel.

"I know this great place..." I said but he cut me off. "I think you'll like this better," he said. After a few minutes, he stopped in front of the country house.

"Aren't Mom and Dad in there?" I asked.

He nodded and then it struck me. They had planned a party.

Adam opened the doors and familiar faces beaming with excitement peered at me. Persephone and Toby were in Mom and Clara's hands.

"Thanks," I said and rushed over to the babies.

"Mommy missed you," I cooed.

"And Daddy did as well," Adam said.

Tobias bubbled with his saliva and a smile greeted me.

Clara hugged me.

"Thanks honey... Who picked up the curtains?" I asked. They seemed really out of place in the pink and blue background.

"Dad did," she replied.

"Thanks Dad," I said hugging him.

"Proud of you hon," he said.

"Me too," Adam replied giving us all a medium to laugh.

Persephone clapped her hands and Tobias held his in hers.

Emmet:

Annalise and Clara were busy talking away with Melissa.

Ethan and Adam stood by me.

"They really are gorgeous aren't they?" I said mesmerised by Clara's locks as she brushed them.
"Yeah," Adam said in a whisper. His eyes were trained on Anna.

"God we are smitten," Ethan said.

"Over the ladies that were the best," Adam said. Ethan and I looked at him.

"What?... Didn't I say the truth?" he asked.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that our wives are the best as they could be," I said.

"Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen." Adam said still pondering over his wife. A smile crept up my lips as Clara laughed, her eyes radiating happiness and warmth.

She was my sun and I was her star...