32.

Adam:

After leaving Clara behind, I walked forth and looked at him.

Then, inching near, I said.

"You and me outside... Now."

He looked at me confused.

"What? Why Adam?" he asked.

"If you ever were a man, meet me outside," I said storming off. I stood in the hallway looking out at the starry night as the moon danced with the clouds. I waited. He finally came with his brown hair bobbing up and down.

"What is this Adam?" he asked.

"I swear Emmet... I promised that I am gonna beat you up if I were found you," I said folding my hands into a fist bracing myself.

"Adam... Get this shit sorted out," he said. I stood silently.

"Better?" he asked after hugging me.

"I swear if you weren't so close to me, I'd beat you up like shit," I said threatening before he smiled.

"I know," he said.

"Emmet," a girl called from behind as she petered about him and stood beside him.

"Who is this guy?" she asked Emmet. I arched my eyebrows.

"He is a close friend of mine... She is Vanessa... My girlfriend," Emmet replied.

"Yeah... If you wanna hear embarrassing things about him, contact me," I said scrawling my number on a tissue and handing it to her. She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows before smiling and putting it in her purse.

"Stop it Adam," Emmet said smiling.

"I don't think you know that Emmet was previously gay..." I said looking at her as she sat on the chair kept nearby.

"I want to hear more of it," she said.

"We did things that we don't regret,"I said looking at him as he flushed red.

"Stop it... He's making stories Vanessa!" Emmet said.

"You believe me or him?" I asked her as she smiled up bright. But not brighter than Clara.

"Anyways... Denise was looking for you," she said.

"tell her I'd be back," he said. She smiled before leaving in her pale blue floor length frock.

"How are you?" Emmet asked hugging me once again

"I really was joking about us doing things... Looks like you want to," I teased him as he turned bright red.

"Adam!" he said.

"It's been tough. I moved back with Mom and Dad... I really miss everything," I said. Her face. Her softness. Her stubbornness. Her touch. Her warmth. Her beauty had always been so insatiable. Now, irresistible.

"How are things for you?" I asked.

"Can't say anything. It's like I went from heaven and just landed into intergalactic poop," he whined.

"Interesting phrasing Peterson," I said.

He smiled.

"Anyways... I gotta go over to Denise," he said.

"Oh... That sister of yours... She's hot," I teased him.

"Don't change," Emmet smiled before laughing and heading out. And now, I was back to me and my loneliness.

I went back into the party and the clamour seemed to have eased. There were songs playing on the stereo. People were dancing. Hands in the air but it was not the way they dance at bars or clubs. It was sophisticated. Every move had a meaning behind it.

And then... There was Clara in the corner who was dancing with a 4 year old girl as the girl shook her hands and torso.

She looked beautiful. She crouched down to the girl and gave her a cookie that Clara was holding a minute before.

The little girl munched on it as Clara picked her up and spun around in circles.

She looked so engrossed in the tiny movements of the girl that she barely paid attention around. She still didn't look like the Clara I was used to, clad in her shorts with strawberries.

But, her dancing with the girl and laughing proved that it was still the same girl who lived by me.

I sighed before looking at the dance floor for Mikalya. She smiled as the lights dimmed and 'Night Changes' by One Direction started to play. I danced with her hand on my shoulders as we swayed. I was ruining her elaborate and elegant movements but I was used to it.

Someone stepped on my foot. It wasn't something new. I had faced that many a times. Nor was it special.

"Sorry," a sharp blow of knife cut my heart open.

"Are you alright?" Annalise Cole asked.

"Hmm," I changed my voice so that she wouldn't notice that it was me.

I was hit by such a force that it pieced through me. Cut me in pieces everything from my life came flashing to my eyes. Every bit of the puzzle. The first look. The first kiss. The last day. The last kiss. The last piece of my zigsaw.

But, I should have told who I was. Let her be torn apart. But that's what's love. You can't do anything to harm the one who you love, care about.

She spun around with a guy who I assumed to be Nick Genovese.

I wouldn't blame him for being so perfect for Anna. I couldn't.

He hugged her and I suddenly felt the intensity of her eyes on me and her skin, flawless beneath my touch.

"I need air," I said. Mikalya nodded as I rushed out.

I rushed towards the elevator. It was taking a lot of time. I couldn't hold it.

"Adam wait..." Neva called me.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Nothing. The room was packed. I'll be back," I said trying to smile.

"Adam... I know I haven't mastered in psychology but I can understand some thing's up," she said.

"You should go back..." I said.

I walked up the staircase and got into my room.

I got into my room and sat down on the bed. Analysing everything.

A knock on the door startled me.

I opened it. Christina stood in front of me.

"It's alright... I'll be back," I said. When I was about to close the door, she barged in.

"Cardi B just named her album as 'Invasion of Privacy'... Don't take it as an inspiration," I said trying to lighten the mood up.

"Stop acting Adam. Tell me," she said.

"You know what... You girls seem to think that you know everything. Sometimes... You don't understand," I said sitting looking out of the window.

"Adam... You do think of me as a friend..." she said.

"No... I don't," I said.

"Don't you around Adam... Tell me what this is all about," she said.

And so I did.