36.

Adam:

Mikalya sat on the other side of the table, right across me as Christina sat down next to her. Neva was next to my right.

Clara sat down next to me.

"Oh... Shit! Anna is here... I... I'll do something," she said. But the devil inside me had incarnated.

"Sit here... They are about to start," I said holding her hand as Anna turned to look around for Clara. Her eyes rested on Clara's face.

Her eyebrows furrowed.

Her face went pale and her lips quivered. Her body was shivering as Nick held her.

"She saw you!" Clara said trying to jiffy her hand out of my grip.

"Sit quietly," I ordered. She looked at me on the verge of tears.

"Adam... What has happened to you?" she asked trying to remove her hands.

"She should suffer... She deserves to," I said looking at Anna's face which had went paler. She laid back on the chair.

"Adam... Stop it," Clara said crying.

I wanted to see Anna crying. Making herself a joke in front of others. I had made one of myself. Doesn't my counterpart need to follow up?

I smiled to myself.

"What do you think you are doing to her?" Clara asked.

"Breaking her down," I said.

"Truth is that she won't break down... Even if some Satan like you tried," Clara said jerking her hand off my grip. She got up and went out of the room. A tear fell into Anna's lap as she stayed up.

She quickly wiped it with the hem of her sleeve.

"To start on with the programme... We have decided to do a fundraising campaign for the people indigenous to this land. We all know that the people present here are the face of the future... It's best if we start from us to create a better society..." Ethan said.

The plan was to organise a match of four levels.
1. An intellectual quiz with speaking abilities.
2. Figure ice skating.
3. Dance battle.
4. A basketball match.

"The idea is only possible with your coordination... Since many of you don't know each other, why don't we go on with a quick introduction before we announce the strategic teaming," Ethan said smiling with his performance as he sat down. The girl on his extreme left spoke up.

"I am Mei Lin of the Hao Cheng enterprises... Hope we have a great time here," she said. The line continued as it came closer to Anna. Not Anna... Annalise

"I am Annalise Cole... I am in the hopes of having a great time here... Not any sort of bad blood," she said.

"Unlike some people," she added softly looking at me.

"I am Nick Genovese of the Genovese Group. I am here to represent the whole family of the group. We are not individuals but a group," he said smiling warmly before sitting down. He looked at me.

The queue continued up to Mikalya.

"I am Mikalya Jones of the Jones's Group... I am here with my sister... And my boyfriend... This is a great place to socialise," she smiled.

"Christina Jones... Don't take up competitions against me... I bet you'll lose... Neva," Christina said getting up and speaking.

Neva hesitated a moment.

"I am Neva..." she said confused.

"She is my girlfriend... Anybody homophobic here?" Christina said scanning the room before sitting down as Neva smiled.

The table turned towards me.

"I am Adam Hansen of the Hansen group... I am looking for friends whom I could treasure... I am here with my girlfriend Mikalya Jones... The sister of the proud homosexual," I said. Christina winked as Neva turned a shade red.

Anna's face flinched. She knew it already. She was just waiting for me to say. Spell it out of her. Believe it or not, it was pleasurable seeing her flinch and try to control her disgust.

The meeting disbanded and Emmet joined me after.

"You were in there?" I asked him.

"Yeah... I bet you couldn't take your eyes off the meeting," he said.

I went outside and stood in the hallway. The girls had already busied themselves up with each other as Vanessa spared happy greetings with Mila, Christina and Neva.

"I saw what you did back there..." Anna said walking over with Nick by her side.

"What did I do to offend you Miss Cole?" I asked.

"Don't act courteous if you aren't... If you think you can break me like this... I won't... I was guilty of causing our split but now I guess I was correct," Anna said turning towards Nick as she reached up to kiss his lips.

The gash was getting deeper. Every muscle in my body wanted to snatch her away and kiss the hell out if her. Feel her body beneath me.

I looked away from him.

"See... I am happy... Not at all guilty," she said smiling. I looked away from her.

"Hiding your face doesn't change... There'll be several times you'll need to come back to us... If Clara cries another tear for you, you'll never hear the end of it... Not even under the six feet of sand above you... Take the warning," she said.

"What would you do? Leave me again?" I said.

"You don't know my capabilities," she said.

I rolled my eyes. She went away.

"Adam... Why are you doing this? What has changed?" Emmet asked putting his hand in my shoulder.

"Everything is changed. The definition of love is changed," I replied.

"Adam... Don't cause trouble unnecessarily. Let her not love with this guilt gnawing her," Emmet.

"Guilt... My foot!" I said getting away from him as I went outside. The afternoon had struck. The weather was a bit warmer. I stood there until the cold got my goosebumps out.

I needed to know that I was still a human. That I still had a heart that beat hot blood that moved all around me.

The cold was the only way to do so. I looked up at the balconies facing the way. Clara stood outside without a sweater over her as her hair were flowing. She looked at me and sighed. I felt her tear freeze on her face as though repeating the words out loud.

Congrats Adam... You lost another person...