28.

Clara:

The pages flutter in their own vicinity as the perfect days pass on. The days fall down as the pages do under my feet as I tread on them. It's funny how my mind works.

"Seriously?" I asked as Ethan sat on the bed as I packed my bag for the trip.

"It's the Wood alliance that hosts it... Wouldn't the heir be there?" he asked putting a grey shirt that I handed him into the bag.

"Oh... You are good at packing," I complimented.

"Everybody is good at something. Anna for instance is good at panicking," He said in such a nonchalant manner that I couldn't help but smile.

"Okay... My flight is leaving tomorrow in the morning... Anna is going to come in an hour... What about your flight?" I asked removing my passport and putting it in my jacket that I am wearing tomorrow. Changing it at the last moment, I put it inside an Elsa handbag.

Irony hits hard.

"I am gonna go on a private plane," He said.

"Oh," I said.

"Dad is coming later in the evening," he said.

"OK," I said tucking a strand as he got up to kiss my cheek.

"I will catch up with you... Ok?" He asked.

I nodded. The door closed behind him as I went to the kitchen. I pulled out my baking gloves and did the thing that I was best at.

It had been days since I had baked and it felt rejuvenating.

Anna opened the door with the key she had. She still has it.

She walked in and sniffed.

"Stop it snoop dog," I said as she kissed my cheek.

"It's smelling delicious," she said.

"It has to. I made it," I said as she sat down on the couch.

"Suprise Suprise," she said.

"You brought me a puppy?" I asked, I always wanted one.

"The next best thing," she said.

"A cat?" I asked removing my gloves with my eyes glinting.

"No dingus. I brought Nick," she said as Nick entered through the kitchen door.

"Oh... Him... The next best thing would be a chocolate..." I said.

Nick hugged me as I swatted him away.

"Smells delicious," He said sniffing.

"You too?" I asked looking at him before removing one for him to eat.

He moaned.

"God I forgot how good this used to taste... Believe me Clara... Anna doesn't know cooking," He said. She pouted.

"As if I wasn't living with her for so long," I said. I removed one for her and two for me.

"That's not fair," Anna said pouting.

"Try making your own dingus," I said as she laughed. We sat down. It was around 4pm. We talked and talked for hours untouched until a really important thing struck Anna's mind.

"We need to start studying," she said pulling out her books from the backpack.

"How do you keep up with her?" Nick asked as she playfully messed his hair.

"Ask Ad..." I almost said it but their laughter drained it out.

I was steered to my room and put in front of Maths aka BS.

I put my phone in the charger and laid on the bed holding the book to my chest. I looked up. It wasn't Maths I was clutching.

Everything, Everything.

I almost in horror, threw the book down. It crashed with a soft thud. I didn't want to get up to hoist it back up. So it lay there as I looked at it.

I got up and with an aching heart opened my Elsa handbag putting in 'Everything, Everything', 'All The Bright Places' and 'The Couple Next Door'.

I sat on the bed and removed a tie. The one he had worn and caressed the material with my hand. Before a tear fell down, I packed it in the bag. Something, weirder than an intuition and subtler than a lust. I packed it away and sat down for studying. Not maths. But a distant land with a familiar brunette boy with his eyes glinting by the river.

The plane departed at the correct time and we werent late. Everything was alright, I said to myself trying to look out of the window. I was sitting in the middle. Nick on the side. Anna in the aisle.

"Wanna switch?" He asked. I looked up queer as a child. He switched the seats. I removed my shoes and pulled out my book.

"You are such a child," Nick said smiling.

"Well... I am a 16 year old after all," I said pouting as he smiled warmly.

Adam:

The bags were packed and the event was going to happen. I stacked my bag over the suitcase and managed it from not toppling over. The private plane took me off the plane as I gazed out of the rumbling plains. Mikalya, Christina and Neva drank their cokes. Christina wore a rainbow top with black jeans. Truly, wearing it.

Mikalya on the other hand was subtle in her choice. A green shirt and a black skirt.

Neva was bold in her neon top and black shorts.

"Looking gay," I complimented Christina as Mikalya choked laughing. Even Mom couldn't hold it.

"Well... Dare not Mr. Hansen, we might as well hear a song... Taylor Swift's You Need To Calm Down," Neva said getting up and crouching in front of me.

"I meant happy," I said.

"I want you to be so don't mess with her ever again," Neva said sitting on her seat.

"Understood Hansen?" Christina said while laughing, taunting.

"You need to calm down," Mikalya said at which Mom couldn't hold it. She burst out laughing.

Mom began her work on the laptop silently as Dad snored. I put on my earphones and started a playlist and dozed off. After all, I had a rough day from eating breakfast to chilling.

Emmet:

EMMET PETERSON

DENISE PETERSON

VANESSA DEXTER

Seats from window to aisle. I couldn't believe that it was happening. I was nervous but I knew that I could do it.

Vanessa sensed my impatience and switched seats with Denise. Then, putting a hand on mine, whispered,"It'll be alright."

I smiled feebly as she rested her head against my chest and the flight took off.

It was night and I wasn't in the mood of sleeping. Denise was long taken by sleep and Vanessa was asleep. Not having anything to do, I removed my handkerchief. A strawberry one that smelled beautiful. I stashed it back in and looked out of the window. It was going to be a long night.

Darkness overwhelms me,
Blinds me of the colours,
My soul in my body is caged, long wanting to be free,
And in my nightmares, I curl.

I stopped the train of thoughts and removed my book. Might as well study. Vanessa groggily got up and sat down once again. She put her hand on mine and snuggled in her sleep. I looked at her face. Soft and so gentle. Her skin the perfect shade. Her lips that were etched into a smile even when she was asleep. God! I was lucky.

Yet, there was only one charm that I wanted the most who was probably with someone else. She should be. After all, it was me who crashed out meant-to-be.