63.

Annalise:

"I will just run by Ashton and see if he is still interested in investing... Sorry sweetheart," Nick said pecking on my lips.

"Well it isn't the mistletoe hanging on our head here," I said putting my hand on his chest.

"We don't need one," he said winking making me blush as he kissed me once again.

"BRB... Which is an abbreviation I picked up in the past few days," he said walking away. Clara had joined Ethan as they got into talking. I spotted Emmet with Vanessa as they greeted others. I scanned the whole room and alas found the needed.

Mikalya Jones stood there with her hands around Adam's neck. I sighed looking away.

I went out of the party to the courtyard looking up. It was cold and chilly but I had brought my fur jacket. I smiled as a snowflake fell down on the ground.

Water always amuses me. Its in every state of matter and yet as calm. It's as ice and as brittle as a snowflake. It's as cool as ice yet as hot as steam.

I smiled at myself looking at the moon.

"If it isn't for Annalise Cole," Mikalya said walking out with her hands folded.

"I just thought that you had backed down but no... Mikalya doesn't know how to quit," I said smiling at her.

"I am warning you... If you even get under the mistletoe with Adam... I don't think you would be kissing Adam..." she said walking closer.

"And why wouldnt I? Just curious," I said smiling.

"Curiosity killed the cat Annalise... I don't wanna hurt you intentionally," she said coming a step closer.

"Can't you be merry at the Christmas?" I asked.

"Not with you around," she said.

"You are such a killjoy," I said.

"You don't want me to spill... Or else your joy will be killed," she said.

"O What Providence! We are standing below the Ivy plant hanging which symbolises affection... Spill it all... I don't care," I said smiling.

"Annalise... I wouldn't do that if I were you," she said shaking her head.

"You can't be me," I said.

"You know what... I don't want to be you... Being the mean bitch that you are who swoops on someone else's guy," she said.

"What the hell!" Adam said walking out to us as he stood with his arms folded. Nick followed behind.

"Can't you two give it a rest?" Adam asked me.

"I guess one and one add to two," I said.

"Don't teach me Maths Anna," he said.

"Anna... You don't have to talk to them if you don't want to," Nick said putting his arm around me.

"Excuse me... Don't demean us," Adam said.

"Adam... We went over it... It's in the buried casket now... Let it be it," Nick said.

"That's doesn't give you the choice to say anything of you choice to us. It hurts our dignity," Mikalya said.

"Like you have one," I said smiling slyly.

"You trashy bitch," Mikalya said ready to punch me.

"Believe it or not... I can get you into jail because of this," I said.

"ENOUGH!" Adam said.

"Can't you just stop this juju on the snow and just shut the hell up?! Nick and I have solved it like elders! Grow up!" Adam said.

"You know what... It's around time... Nick should know the truth," she said.

"What truth?" Adam asked.

"Shut the hell up!" Mikalya said.

"You don't talk to me like that," Adam said.

"Given that you have not stopped running after this bitch... You have no say in it," she said.

"Call her bitch one more time and I swear it won't be good for you!" Nick said.

"To save you the wait... Bitch," Mikalya said.

Nick clenched his fists and his jaw.

"I am waiting for what you might bring up on me," Mikalya said.

"Annie... Let's get moving," Nick said putting his hand around my shoulder burying me in his embrace.

"Can't hear the painful reality of Annalise Cole huh? If you knew what I was going to say, you would not want to look at her... Let alone hug her," she said.

"What are you talking about?" Adam asked.

"Shut up all of you now!" Clara said rushing over to us.

"Are you guys insane? There is a gathering in there and you want to add your pinch of drama..." Clara said.

"Let me..." I started.

"No... Shush... All of you... You are pathetic... All of you except Nick.. He is just getting caught in here!" Clara said.

"Clara..." Adam started.

"Shut up! Hold your dignity! I swear if I hear one more thing from any of you or about you... It will be the end of it!" Clara said as she walked back inside.

"Come on... What are you waiting for now?" Clara said shouting behind her.

"Well... That was weird," Adam said.

"It surely was," I whispered walking inside to find Clara at the bar with her hands supporting her head.

"Clara?" I asked putting my hand on her shoulder.

"I am so done of you guys now," she said as she sipped up on her orange juice.

"I am sorry," I said sitting down next to her.

"Its just that I can't see any more of you get hurt... Not even Mikalya," she said.

"I am really sorry," I said.

"Maybe I am just done... I am going to my room," she said getting up as she walked out.

I sighed looking at the glass of champagne on the counter. I thought for a moment before I gulped it down.

"You alright?" Nick asked.

"I am fine... I am not in the mood for this right now," I said.

"OK... Neither am I... Lets go upstairs," he said putting his arm around my shoulder.

We got back into the room as he helped me get out of the dress.

I put on my shirt and bottoms as we cuddled in the bed.

"You mad at me?" I asked him as I drew circles on his chest. He stroked my back as I looked up at his face.

"Are you hiding something from me?" he asked.

I continued drawing circles as he stroked my back.

"I just want to believe that you are not," he said as he kissed my forehead. I snuggled closer as I closed my eyes and hoped that the ice age was over.