17.

A/N I am so happy... I really love you guys for your support. I just saw the number of reads on THE COLE SISTERS and it's almost 500. I am so happy. Literally jumping on the bed. Btw, i am at my cousin's house so spare me for the late updates you'll be getting this week. Probably'll be the same for a long time.

Another thing has come to my notice that I don't get any response from you guys. If you are reading, I need to know you... I might even dedicate a chapter or two to you guys. Just comment my handle. And if someone won't mind, can you help me on how to dedicate a chapter to anyone. I guess that's all I got. Check out my new bio and share your views.

Share happiness.

Clara:

"He sounded worried and in panic," I said tucking a strand behind my ear as I talked with Ethan on the phone looking at his face on the window.

"What are you planning on doing?" he asked. I leaned on the window sill.

"I don't know... That's why I called you," I said.

"You just close your eyes and go to sleep. He'll be alright," Ethan said his green eyes shutting down.

"I hope it'll be it," I said as he yawned.

"You should go back to sleep," he said.

"I don't sleep, I shallow die," I said. He smiled.

"Let me go to the coffins of shallow death... See ya," he said as the curtains slammed shut and the lights went off.

I retired to my bed as my phone received a message. A subtle one.

Why is your sister crying? We are leaving to get back. Message me soon~ Nick.

I couldn't control myself. Nor the anxiety clawing me. Nor the tiredness wearing me off. I switched off my phone, forgetting everything and focused onto what was sleep. A shallow death as I described.

Mikalya:

My eyes shot open as the sun's rays fall onto my eyes. I groaned pulling the sheets up.

I stretched up and checked the clock.

Cautiously, I got off the bed and rushed to Christie's bedroom.

"Chris," I said before opening the door.

"Are you alright? Do you wanna go to the school?" I asked touching her cheek softly.

"I wish I could but I don't want to," Christie said.

I smiled.

"You want me to call the orthopedist?" I asked.

"I have Neva," Christie said. I looked at Neva, who was now comfortable in a blue flow shirt, as she settled at the head of the bed.

"Look at Chris and Nevy chilling," Adam's voice boomed. I smiled. We spent the rest of the day together.

As the deep murky darkness grew close, we set up mattresses on the roof top. It was a fairly cool night and a thin blanket would do the trick. We sat there star gazing. Adam was on one of my sides and Neva on the other.

"Do you believe in meant to be-s?" Christie asked.

"I do... What makes you believe that you were the only one in this sky full of stars.... I love you... Out of 7 billion, you are my... My meant to be," Neva replied as Christie kissed her.

"Christensen... You have got a really wise counterpart," Adam taunted.

"She makes up for what you lack," Christie deadpanned making me laugh real hard.

"There are so many stars, yet we are the ones who are sitting together.... Living happily," I said.

"You were right Christensen," Adam said after a pause locking his eyes to mine.

"She makes up for what I lack," he completed kissing my lips as his hands rested on my shoulder.

If this is what it's meant to be, then I don't want anything more. I am happy where I am and with who I am.

Emmet:

The cafeteria reeked of happiness. Joy and talks went on and I sat alone as always.

"Emmet... You free tonight?" Vanessa asks.

"Yes... Why?" I asked closing my Maths books.

"Dad was asking if you'd like to join us for a party.... Please?" she asked her eyes rimming with excitement.

"Okay," I said after giving it a thought.

Vanessa smiled and walked away to her soiree. I once again sat down and opened the Lord of Burden for School Children. My Maths books.

"I think someone is interested in you," Brooke said sitting down next to me, her ever black nails shining under the lights.

"I told you we are just friends!" I said.

"If you'd just close your books and look up behind you, you'll know it yourself," she said.

"Ssh..." I replied flushed.

"We are just friends," I said putting my books into my bag.

"Someone needs to bridge out the gap," she said as I got confused. She stood up and walked over to her ignoring my pleas to her.

I shielded my face in vain.

"Emmet," Vanessa said but I rushed out.

I don't know if I was interested in her. I don't know anything. My feet found there place to the river. I sat down, my legs folded against the soft lush green grass.

"Emmet?" Cooper called.

"You here?" I asked.

"I was giving a thought to something," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know if I feel attracted to someone..." he said throwing a stone into the river.

"Me too," I said. He smiled.

"We always used to jinx each other when we were young," Cooper said. His blonde hair gleamed in the sunlight.

"Yes Grandpa Coop." I chuckled as we started into the heat and our friendship.

Little did I know that the girl Cooper was talking about was the one that was with us all along. Who knew that the sporty athlete would fall for the rebellious girl? But we know that life is unconventional. If I could fall for Clara and Adam for Annalise, then it's expected. Cooper looked at Brooke and smiled. He counter smiled and they sat there holding gazes and their hands into another dimension. Far away from this world. Clara smiled and rested her hand on my thigh. And I held her palm in mine twirling her ring around and around.

Well that's what's happiness...