30.

Anna:

"God! How far we have come," I said hugging Nick as he smiled.

"And we'll go beyond this.." he said.

"One thing that has been ebbing me ever since we have started dating..." I said. He smiled as he picked me up and put me down on the chair in front of him.

"What stresses that storm of yours Cole?" he asked.

"Nick... You remember the day when we had fought when I told you that I had to change and shift here?" I asked kneeling towards him.

"I certainly do," he said.

"At 4pm, you said that you'd leave me forever if I left you... That still hurts me," I said.

"Why? I was upset at that time," he said putting his hand on my cheek.

"The thought still haunts me. Would you leave me if we break up? If this doesn't work?" I asked looking up at him. He bit his lips as his eyes went down to my hands.

"Don't be silent... That haunts me more than your aggression," I said putting my hand on his chin bringing his eyes to my level.

"The truth is Annalise... I don't open up to all of the people... I am insecure..." he said.

"It's alright. That's nothing to fear of," I said.

His eyes find mine.

"That's not the truth. The fear of me giving it all in and you rejecting me haunts me... But I can't seem to go away. It's like I am addicted to you," he said. His lips curled into a smile. I got up from the chair and sat down on his lap, my face facing his front.

"Annie... Whatever happens, I'll always be there for you," he said.

"Nicolas... Whatever happens, I'll stand by you," I said.

I traced a line from his lip to his heart.

"I love you Annalise," he said. I looked up at him.

"Nick... I..." I said getting up from him and tucking a stand of hair.

"I can understand... I feel it... Adrenaline courses through me every time I look at you... My heart doesn't skip a beat but reaches up a notch," he said putting my hand on his chest just above where his heart it.

"I am sure that I love you," I said. He smiled.

"I can feel it... But it's not the way I think of it... I can understand we were friends before and it's hard to change the feelings that are already between us... But, I wanna be with you," he said.

"I wanna be with you too," I said.

"Okay... But get ready... Need to report downstairs in an hour," he said.

"I gotta help Clara up as well," I said.

"She still needs help?" he asked smiling as he got up from the bed.

"I don't want her dressing up as Barbie Nightmare or anything... I am sure neither do you," I said.

"Holy Molly!" he exclaimed. I smiled as he hugged me kissing my forehead.

"Be right back Annie," he said.

"OK," I said as he closed the door behind him. I opened my bag and removed a sweetheart dress with a pale pink color. For the cherry on top, it had a net fitting over it. I removed it and rushed to Clara's room.

Clara snorted loudly with the heat on blast as the TV rumbled with Shinchan

Clara snorted loudly with the heat on blast as the TV rumbled with Shinchan. She sleeps a lot.

I opened her bag.

Empty. What?

I opened the cupboard. She had it arranged.

I removed her counterpart of that dress. It was high necked with shimmery blue on top. Reminding myself not to say that to her or she'll start singing, I woke her up.

"Don't!" she said

"Don't!" she said.

"Get up. Slughead," I said. She groaned and got up.

I got her changed into the dress as I changed into mine. I let her hair open and then created a hairstyle. Her hair were slightly puffed at the top and pinned at the back of her head.

"I look pretty," she said jumping.

"Here!" I said handing her the shoes. Classic Cinderella style slippers.

I did subtle makeup and made her sit as she continued twirling. That girl doesn't need wine to get high!

I sat down and opened my hair. Letting it cascade, I tucked it behind my ear. I removed my earrings and put them on her table.

She managed to get up and started shimmering around singing the song of Shimmer and Shine!

God!

I got her ready and took her out of the room. I rushed to the reception to check Dad's room. It was on the first floor. I hurried to get in the elevator with two girls who held each other tightly.

They continued going up and I went to Mom's bedroom.

"Dear God! Look at you," Dad said.

"Aww!" Mom squealed.

"You made the right dress choices Anna," Mom said hugging me. She had worn a beautiful grey dress that was tea lengthed.

Dad was casual in his approach. A bit too casual.

He wore a pair of shorts as Mom urged him to change. She won of course.

Mom locked Clara out with Dad who had already changed.

I helped her with the makeup while Clara stood out.

"Look honey... I forgot to mention this to you but... Peterson group is here for the event. I saw Emmet on the same floor as mine... I don't know if bringing you guys here was a good idea," she said, her eyes on the floor.

"Mom... It's alright... And perhaps, she needs to deal with this. Every time, she won't get a cover... She needs to overcome it," I said sitting down next to her.

"First love is something you really treasure... And for Clara, it's more intimate... She mostly had you to talk to... And Adam... But when she found Emmet, her heart just grew hotter. She would smile and laugh and dance around the whole day... Once he left, he took away a part of her and left a part of him in her. Every time she looks into the mirror, she sees a different person. The part reminds her she has lost something. It doesn't fit into her jigsaw of emotions," Mom said.

"I know about first loves. They are all rainbows and sparkles and unicorns and glitters. She'll get over him... And if he harasses her, i am gonna kill him," I said hugging her.

"Proud of you Anna," she said.

"You should definitely say that to Clara," I said.

"She'll pout as hell," I said before we broke into laughter.