35.

Adam:

"You are requested to come downstairs at 9 for a programme planned for young entrepreneurs and successors like you," Mikalya read the card aloud.

"Well they respect me..." I said sitting down, sorry, plopping down on the place on the couch next to her, putting my head on her lap.

"Aren't you the successor of the vast empire? The very own Mr. Christian Grey?" she said laughing as she rested her middle finger on my nose as I chuckled.

"Somebody has read erotica," I said as her cheeks turned into a deeper shade of red as she tucked a loose strand behind her ear. I played with the hem of her mint green top as she ruffled my hair.

"Mila..." I said.

"Hmm," she said looking at me.

"Do I look handsome?" I asked.

"Kinda," she said.

"Really?" I asked looking up at her as she smiled.

She nodded.

"Would you feel envious if a girl tried to kiss me?" I asked her.

"I won't as first, you are a freak to ask me that and secondly everybody knows you are my boyfriend," she said.

Anna knows...

What the fuck has happened to me? Why was u thinking of her when I had such a good company with me?

"Did I go too far?" she asked, her eyes full of concern.

"No.. You didn't... I know you'll get all obsessive with me and take revenge on the girl," I played as she smiled.

"Adam..." she called me.

"Hmm," I said knotting her top loosely.

"How can you be so Adamant?" she asked.

I was about to call Mikalya, Clara. Why was I messing up? What had these Cole Sisters done to me?

"Just the way you can be so opposite meaning of your name... Your name means 'someone like a holy saint' but you are a synonym for Satan," I said. She smacked me playfully on the head.

"Owww," I said teasing her as she got up and removed my head from her lap.

"I am sorry," I said in between laughs but she had already left. I checked the clock. It was about time. I got up and rushed to the board room. There was a long table. A really long one. Mikalya stood next to Christina who was arguing with the guard to let Neva in.

"I am afraid she isn't the successor or an entrepreneur... She tagged along... We can't send her in," the guard said.

"She is my girlfriend and I am the successor of Jones Group... I am gonna marry her so she is going to be the successor as well," Christina said almost ready to shove a knee into the crotch of the guard.

"We can't let that happen Ma'am... You can talk to the managing group," he said.

"God you are homophobic!" she exclaimed.

"Why don't you say something?" Mikalya said.

"Who is the managing head?" I asked the guard.

"It's the Wood family..." the guard said.

"Any problem guys?" Clara came with Ethan over to us.

"What else... Another homophobic person," Christina said with disgust.

"Adam?" Ethan said hugging me.

Christina, Neva and Mikalya stood speechless.

"Ethan... Let her in... Or else, there is gonna be flames erupting in the chilly climate of Switzerland," I said.

"Alright... Come on..." he said ushering us in.

Annalise:

"So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover and I know you can't afford to bite that tattoo on your shoulder," Nick sang as he played with may hair while braiding it.

"I didn't know that you had had skills as a hairdresser," I said as he laid down beside me.

"How would that have benefited you?" he asked turning over to look at me. He had worn a white t-shirt with a stripped pink shirt as a layer. He looked soft and subtle with his clean shave.

"I wouldn't need to look like a ghost in any party whenever Clara had to ready me up," I said.

"I remember... The Halloween party," he said.

"I had genuinely asked her to make my hair. Her 12 year old self didn't realise that I was teasing her," I said. He smiled.

"I am really unhappy for having missed out senior prom... What had happened there?" I pouted as he smiled.

"I didn't go..." he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I had to go on a business meeting in Lancashire... I was there with 'Granddude'... So I missed it," he said.

"It must be hard to do everything on your own," I said putting my arm around his and tilting my head on his shoulder. He touched his forehead with mine with a tough of security.

"It was devastating at first," he said.

"I was there but still couldn't help much... I feel guilty," I said.

"There wasn't much you could do... You were there... That counts," he said. I nodded.

"Enough talking of the good ol' days... Lets go down?" he said sarcastically.

"Alrighty," I said climbing out with him and entwining his fingers with mine. Clara and Ethan seemed to be talking with  someone. I couldn't know as there backs were turned to me. But there was something about the color of the hair that looked familiar.

"You alright mi amor?" Nick asked.

"I am fine... Lets go through the other entrance... There seems to be issue over there," I said. He nodded as I sat down on the chair next to Nick as he smiled, not opening his fingers from mine and I held it there.

It felt safe and warm. He smelled wonderful. It was like living back in the good ol' days. There was something I couldn't deny, he was the best person I could ever stumble upon.

He is there.

He says he will be there.

I know he will be there.

"You called me?" Nick asked looking at me.

"Umm... My heart did," I said. He smiled.

"I didn't know that," he said.

Maybe I love him... The way he wants me too...