14.

Adam:

I went back home and threw up. I threw up everything that was inside me. The alcohol, the lingering taste of the kiss. All of it. I couldn't bare it. But I had to bare it. I closed the doors as Dad came in and settled on the bed.

"Had too much to drink, son?" he asked.

I looked at him as he laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked using the mouthwash to rinse.

"Gargle and then come here," he said patting the bed beside him. Not that I needed a pep talk but I hadn't talked to him from a long time.

"Adam... I know you... I know her... I know Annalise... I know all of you and trust me son experience teaches me a lot," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Ads... You are neglecting what you feel... Your essence of emotions... And your body without it is nothing," he said.

I looked at him as he patted my shoulder and left the room. I closed the door and the windows of my room and my heart.

I woke up. Sunday. Finally.

I changed into a pair of blue shirt and a pair of jeans.

My phone rang. Mikalya.

"MI... Hi... Are you fine?" I asked.

"Pessimistic thinkers... Will you come over?" she asked. Not that I had any plans on my plate.

"Yeah," I said.

"Okay," she said.

Mom looked at me and her eyebrows furrowed.

"I'll be fine mom," I said as she sighed.

I closed the door behind me. I had been to Mikalya's house for thousands of times but today it was different. I had kissed her. I walked inside the house as she sat on the couch. Christina sat in front of me, her legs folded.

"Darling Chris is back... Hey...," I said sitting down next to Chris as she looked up from her phone.

"Ballsy Adam is back," she said throwing her hands around my neck.

The bell chimed as I amused with the worldly materials outside the window.

"Nevy is here," Mikalya said as she rushed to open the door.

Who the hell named their child Nevy?

I looked at Christina as her eyes lit up with a spark. Nevy was actually Neva. Her straight jet black hair shone her deep golden eyes with a hint of green. Her olive skin complemented her curves as she neared Christina. Her eyes didn't seem to look away from hers. Christina seemed enchanted, enthralled by her beauty. She bent down to level herself with Christina and then placed her plump lips on hers. Finally, they broke away as she noticed me.

"Who is he?" she asked.

"Adam," Christie replied and then entwined her fingers with Neva's.
Happily, they skipped off together.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"She is her physical trainer. She takes care of her. Pretty soul," she said as she laid a hand on my hand.

"Adam... Would you like to go to 'THE CLUB' tonight? Mom and Dad got invites and Christie would prefer to be alone with Neva," she said looking at me with a familiar expression. An expression and desire of hope.

"Of course Chris and Nevy would want privacy for their intimacy," I taunted as she threw a pillow at me.

I nodded. And perhaps it wouldn't mind to unravel another mystery of Mikalya.

We spent the entire day lounging and binge-watching Riverdale.

I could hear her soft snoring on my chest as she turned to look at me.

I looked at her parted lips and everything. The way we met was a funny story.

People say bullying does everything wrong but sometimes it does everything worth it.

I was a really obedient child below grade 5. Always books were completed. The radiant knight.

Mikalya Jones was a bespectacled girl with her black hair dangling in ponytails and her shoes always shiny. I used to sit with her at lunch. We did make small talks. You could say that we were acquaintances.

I was sitting on the playground in the heat of summers. She was sitting in a far away corner. Some seniors came to her and started harassing her. I sat there and looked at her until one of them grabbed her hand and twisted it.

I was a big giant ball of fire. I rushed towards them and punched one right in the nose. He looked at me threateningly but she punched him right at his jaw. I had never seen such a furious girl ever before and that's when I wanted to talk to her.

But when we became teens, our cliques divided us. I couldn't hang out with her or anything. But she always felt left out. I didn't leave her alone though, I talked to her but with a limited interaction.

I brought my lips closer to her head when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Christina stood there.

"Don't you dare!" she mouthed and smacked me on the head. I chuckled as Mikalya zoned out of her sleep. She sat up groggily.

"Did Jughead kiss Betty?" she asked rubbing her eyes.

I placed my lips on her.

"Yeah he did," I said as she smiled and went inside the bedroom to change into her clubbing clothes.

Clara:

"Clara," Ethan called out behind me as I left my house.

"Hey," I said as he looked at me. His eyes looking into mine.

"Thanks for the soup. It was tasty," he said. I nodded.

"Want to come with me?" I asked pointing at the car.

"Wouldn't mind though!" he said as he sat on the passanger seat.

"Clara.." he said looking at me.

I revved up the engine and the song started playing. His voice drowned out as I did everything I couldn't to ignore what he wanted to ask.

I parked the car and that's when the music stopped.

"Clara...I want-" he started on but Melissa came over and I had to rush with her to the Principal's office. I tossed him the keys and ran away.

I didnt know what I was running from. The reality or tgr expectation.

At the end of the day, I finally hand to confront him. He had the key of the car and I had in no he'll the mood to walk back home in these Louis Vuittons.

"Clara... Wait... Are you ignoring me?" he asked.

"No," I replied hesitant as he came in closer.

"Are you sure?" he asked not removing his eyes off me. He had that effect to enchant with his green eyes.

My breath hitched as I but my lower lip. We were a couple inches apart when he asked me, "What is it then?"

"Ethan... I... Um..." I said as his eyes blinked.

Sometimes it's true that actions speak better than words. I kissed him as his hand rested on the curve of my waist.

"Yes," I said as he smiled hugging me. His bear style hug was a slight reminiscence of what I had been through. And I wasn't afraid because I was infinite.