66.

Annalise:

I looked at Nick as the devil entered smiling as his song started playing.

Adam was to dance on 'Hall Of Fame' by The Script and will.i.am.

He smiled up at the stands and winked. I winked back before realising it was meant for Mikalya.

He smiled skating out to the rink as he started skating.

He smiled as he did it graciously. I couldn't get myself to look away from him.

He would skate backwards as he would kick on the air before making a eight and then a three with his right leg up and his torso twirling. He would occasionally sing as well in his panting voice as he would smile back at the stands.

He twirled with his right leg in the air to gain momentum by the laws of...

Stop it Anna!

"Anything wrong?" Nick asked who was seated next to me.

Mikalya stood up clapping as the bridge ended drawing the song to an end.

What a bitch! Might as well shake a few pom-poms.

Adam's twirls had gotten faster as the beat rose up. He put his hand in the air bowing in the end of the song whole skating away.

Emmet did his dance gracefully as Nick hugged me.

"Something is off... Is something hurting you?" he asked.

"Except the fact that Clara always just throws my emotions like a piece of rag... Nothing is hurting," I said.

"Annie... You should let her be her for once. Enough of protecting her. How did you learn stuff? By experimenting," he said.

"But..." I said.

"It's really geeky of me to say that the Glade exists in real life. It's this experiment. Life is experiment and experience. She didn't learn this from you but still she is great at it," he said.

"I know... It's just that... Why does she always pick Adam over me?" I asked.

"Honey... I thought we won't be thinking about Adam or Mikalya or how they are connected to us in any way. They are one of the 7 billion people... What matters is that we stay together," he said.

"I am sorry for spoiling your event," I apologized.

"Annie... There is no event wherein I can't see you... Don't worry... What's life without drama?" he smiled winking.

"You know how to calm this storm," I said smiling.

"By the power of thinking positively... And having Annie by me," he said smiling as he kissed my cheek.

The competition ended as Ethan announced for the final time.

"People... Judges have delivered the results. For the first two rounds, there had been neck to neck competition between two teams," he said.

"The judges have decided on to give a point to Folaye Olsen for her really good performance in her round... This one is in the bag by her team. I expect to meet you all soon for the next round that's the dance battle... Meet you all in comfortable dresses tomorrow in the hall," Ethan said as the crowd dispersed.

"I will come back after going to the washroom..." Nick said excusing himself.

I nodded as he went away.

Little did I know that it was just the beginning.

Nick:

"Hey," Mikalya said walking up to me.

I continued walking to the men's room.

"Don't you want to hear what you don't know about your Annie?" she said.

"There is nothing that Annie would hide from me... We are closer than you think we are... It's hard to break us," he said.

"Not after you know what I know... I pity you," she said.

"Thanks for pitying on me... Please excuse me before I need to actually push you away," I said.

"Oh dear... You are still believe that you know her. You haven't changed Nick," she said.

"Shake some pom-poms... You haven't too... Can't you just walk aside all this?" I said.

"Oh dear..." she said pulling me inside the door and locking it.

"What is your problem?" I asked.

"You must be thinking that how I am a terrible troll who can't stop bitching about others... There is more to everything than what meets the eye," she said.

"Yes I think you are a terrible mean troll who can't just mind her own issues but whatever crap you are gonna say... I couldn't care less..." I said.

"Nick Nick..." she said walking towards me.

"You know what... Even being around you gives away negative vibes... There is something wrong with you... Please sort yourself," I said walking out closing the door.

"Walk out but that won't change the truth," she said.

I walked away back to Anna.

"A problem dear?" Anna asked.

"Do I even know you?" I asked her.

"I am sorry?" she asked.

"You heard it Anna... What is it that Mikalya wants to tell me... Is something that you can't tell me?" I asked.

"Honestly... The girl has some issues with herself," she said.

"Anna.... Please... What is something so hideous that she can't blackmail you with that?" I asked.

"Let's not discuss it here," she said looking at me.

"I think that the Annie I used to know is not the Anna I see now," I said looking at her face as she looked outside the window. I closed my eyes trying to solve this puzzle.

Mikalaya:

"Hey Clara," I said walking up to her.

"Hey," she greeted.

"I am sorry for being such a jerk these past days," I apologized.

"I don't like my voice when I am shouting at anyone," she said.

"I know," I said acting all caring. I wouldn't say I hated Clara but I couldn't stand her being all gooey and sweet.

She acts all innocent.

"Anyways... I will catch you up later," I said.

She nodded walking away.

They think that I am manipulative. A bitch. I don't care what they say.

Anna better beware cuz she ain't seeing what is going to come up and she won't be able to deal with it.