53.

Clara:

I knocked on Anna's door as she opened.

"Everything alright?" she asked looking over my shoulder.

"I wouldn't bring Adam here. Not add oil to the fire," I said as she took me inside.

"Hey Claire-bear," Nick said smiling as I walked over to him.

Anna went to the bathroom and awkward silence prevailed. I sat down next to him as he straightened up.

"Nick... I... Uh..." I stammered.

"C'mon... I won't kill you," he said pulling my hand in his.

"This shouldn't have happened," I said. He pulled me into a hug as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"We are like siblings... Come on... And I am sorry for shouting at you back there," he said pulling me closer.

"Nah... I get used to Anna's shouting at me all the time," I said.

"Yeah," he laughed leaving me.

"Is it hurting?" I asked looking at his face. The bruises weren't visible but they sure would hurt.

"I am fine... I just lost my temper..." he said touching his face.

"But don't worry Anna loses it all the time," he added.

I laughed.

"Clara... I hope we are friends so please tell me. Is there something between Adam and Anna? Is it over?" he asked suddenly getting serious.

"Look Nick... I am no one to tell you that information. From what I hear, they are broken up but the heart wants what it wants," I said looking up at him. I could see his eyes water up a bit but he held it in.

"Well... Then she shouldn't be going out until it's sorted," he said.

"Nick... Don't get me wrong. Whenever Adam meets anything, he grows a strong connection. He can't get over Anna... He is just replacing her. It's toxic, I know. The same thing is with me and Adam," I said.

"You seem in such a different world like an alternative universe of your own and yet you say things that are just the truth," he said.

"You both are my friends and I can't see anyone of you hurt. Anna fakes her strong. She isn't a bit strong at she seems," I said.

He nodded as Anna walked out with a broken toothbrush.

"It got stuck... I couldn't yet it out," she said throwing it off.

I couldn't help but laugh.
"Anyways... There is a black wear today for the heirs... So please be ready by 7,"i said leaving.

"I'll stay in with Nick," Anna said.

"Huh? I am not staying," Nick said.

I looked at them.

"Well you will," she said.
"Why?" he asked going up closer to her.

"Because I said it... You need to rest," she said adding in as he took another step towards her.

"Well I don't," he said picking Anna up and bringing her down just the way Adam did.

"OK?" he asked.

Anna turned red as she looked away.

"I shall leave now," I said. Nick closed the door after me.

I went to Adam's room.

He opened it.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"I think it might be a wrong time," he said looking behind him as he shielded his lower body behind the door.

"Are you not wearing bottoms?" I asked weirded by the thing I ask Adam too oftenly.

"If I say no?" he asked leaving towards me.

"Well then I am going to Auntie," I said folding my hands. I knew he was playing.

"She wouldn't mind," he said. I pushed the door open as he ushered me in. I sat down on one of the chairs. Mikalya came out dressed with her hair made up as she looked at me.

"Scumbag's in again," she said looking at me and smirking.

"Mila... You cannot call Clara that," Adam said as he shut the door and sat down.

"Well you should keep your mouth shut... And you... How is that filthy obnoxious sister of yours doing? Having some other boys on the loop?" Mikalya asked.

I looked at her face. But I kept my mouth shut.

"Well good that her genes are not there in your body because if they are, you are a filthy. Little. Bitch," she said coming closer to my mouth as I clenched my fist.

"Mikalya...this is enough ok? I dont want this any more. Fuck this shit... I am out!" he said.

"Well then I am going to pack and head on back home. I will be better there then with you," she said.

"Mila... Listen and try to understand," he said trying to calm her down as she started packing her suitcase.

"Well if I can't leave, I am going to some other hotel," she said.

"Mikalya... Please listen. Let me clarify," I said getting up.

"Oh well you are no one to tell me anything... Both sisters think that they are greater than the others," she said shutting her bag down as she carried it out of the room. Adam sighed as she closed the door.

"I am really sorry Adam," I said.

"It's alright. She needs some space.. I get it," he said.

"Are you better?" I asked.

"A lot actually," he said.

"That's good to hear," I said.

"Well is... You know... Fine?" he asked.

"Anna is fine," I said.

"I meant Nick," he said.

"He is doing better. I can see he is in a bit of pain," I said.

"Well he for one is surely a pain in my ass," Adam said giving his cheeky grin.

"And you are for me," I said.

"Yeah but I am a sweet and handsome sorta pain," he said pouting and blowing an air-kiss.

"You think," I said laughing.

And in that moment, I swear I had forgotten that he wasn't what he used to be for me.