4.

Annalise:

Meeting Navya for the first time was good and happy and funny in a sense, but meeting her after Adam's proposal? Here's what happened.

The next morning, I woke up next to Adam. His hand on my waist as his cheek resting on my shoulder. I smiled at him and got up. He snored once more and then continued sleeping.

I looked at the ring he gave me. It was awesome. Just like us.

I opened my phone and checked on my latest schedule.

Mom had given me the time free. Adam woke up and walked towards me.

"Ann," he yawned opening his arms as I snuggled deeper into him.

"Wanna go to Mom's and tell her?" I asked. He smiled.

I called a cab and we got in. Mom and Dad would be too... I don't know what.

He smiled all the way round as I tousled his hair. He kissed my nose as I pulled him closer. My lips hovered on his just when the driver honked.

"Damn... I should have called a silent Uber," he said getting up from me as i rested my chin against his shoulders.

"Anna... Are you alright?" Clara asked as she opened the door hugging me.

"I am... See who I brought along," I smiled. Clara strained behind me. Adam came out front.

"Tada," he said.

"He didn't come along. He tagged along," Clara said, putting her arms around his head.

"Come in Douche," Clara said holding my arm and dragging me in.

"Mom and Dad are at work. I came just this morning... We got a holiday," Clara said as she hopped onto the couch munching on her cupcake. Adam reached out for one as she smacked his hands off but Mr. Notorious took on two.

How the hell hasn't she noticed our rings?

I sighed putting my hands on my laps. She removed them off and positioned her head in my lap
She played with my fingers until she reached the ring finger. She twirled the ring around and around and still didn't take the hint.

Adam reached out for another cupcake when she held his hand.

"I told....What? You are engaged? To whom?" Clara asked getting up. I placed my head in between my hand. Clara looked at Adam fiercely. Adam just kept grinning.

"What?" Clara asked.

"This," Adam said pulling my hand and showing her the ring.

"Oh my... Holy... What.... I... I... Oh...just...how..." she kept on stammering incoherent words.

Certainly not the bright type...

That night, Mom and Dad returned to a big surprise which they were smart enough to understand.

Tomorrow I was leaving to go to see Mrs. Hansen.

God knows how she'll react...

Adam.:

Annalise hyperventilated every other metre the car moved.

"What if I embarrass myself? What if she thinks I am not good enough? You know how Indian moms are," she said looking at me.

"Anna... Firstly, if you are not the right person, nobody is... Secondly... I have lived with that woman for so many years. She isn't like that.... Thirdly, yes I know how possessive Indian Moms are... I came out of one," I replied. She looked at me.

"And I don't see any reason why Mom wouldn't approve you. You are wearing a saree for one in USA... And you look stunning," I replied. Her smile grew as she kissed my head. We waited on the doorstep as Mom opened the door.

Mom was never the one for grand entrances but today, she was wearing a gold necklace and earrings and shimmered in a pale pink saree. The way she opened the doors looked like those grand entrances the mother-in-law of a bride and Indian TV operas. She looked at me and smiled. I went forward and hugged her.

"You've grown a lot," she said smiling patting my back.

"Mom... Even my Human Growth Hormones have stopped... Why are you kidding me?" I replied.

"Anna," she said smacking my head and moving over to her.

"You look dazzling," Mom said. I could pretty much hear Anna's heartbeat. I went next to her and took her to the living room giving her a tight squeeze and leaving it off to her. I went upstairs to my room to give the ladies some privacy.
Sometimes I don't understand why she is so afraid to bring out herself. I know Anna, Ann, and Annalise. All of them are different people. Annalise is someone who is a strict soul and likes everything perfect. Anna is a sweet soul who cares about people and is artistic and graceful. But she is totally different from Ann.

Ann is this wild, carefree girl who likes to do silly things and laugh at them, whose laugh is sweet and melodious. She is this one big time bomb who stands up to herself and loves to accept what she has. This Ann is beautiful and funny. She is quirky and sassy. But I love her. She has these 20,000 shades. But I love her and cherish being with her. This Ann doesn't keep Diaries or records. She changes everyday but that's her beauty. She lies unpredictable.

I tiptoed downstairs where  I find them laughing.

It's quite funny how Anna changes her shades. From being Anna to Ann. Ann To Annalise.

I sat down next to her and spent the day. Later that day, Dad came back home and congratulated us. Mom really loved Anna's ring. That night, we slept in the same bed, together, peacefully.

Sometimes I don't understand how I could find my heaven on earth. I looked at her as she lightly snored. Her red lips soft against my skin.

I find it quite funny how much thought I have started giving on these things. Like I have started this biblical notion. And yet I love her.

She is so graceful and funny. I love her for that. I love her for herself. Soul and heart intact.

Forever and Always...