Son

Ever since I can remember, I have always been walking alone to a path which I don't really know where it would lead me to.

I have no family...no home...no memories...

Nothing...

I stopped caring about myself after I realized that I must be abandoned. I was just a stray kid wandering around, waiting for my life to end the pain that I am into.

As I was walking, I saw a river nearby and slowly made my way to it.

My throat is dry...

My body feels like it's burning...

I'm hungry...

Cupping both of my hands, I dipped it into the river and drank some water. Out of a sudden, my vision started to get blurry and then...

Everything went pitch-black.

"Yue..."

Huh? Yue?

Who's Yue?

"Yue..."

I was walking in a never-ending darkness, almost like a tunnel. I couldn't see anything around me but then when I looked down to my hands, I could see them.

I can see my body...how come?

Where is this?

"Hello?" I called.

"Yue..." It was the voice again.

It was a woman's voice, and she kept on calling 'Yue'. I wondered if it was me whom she's calling for...

Yue...is that my name?

I followed the sound of her voice and then there was a small light glowing towards me. I tried with my hand but then it stopped in front of my fingers.

"Yue..."

It was clearly coming from this light in front of me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am you... and you are me. When the time comes, we shall become one again. And when that happens, we shall be reunited again with our brothers..."  The voice said.

Brothers? But I have no family.

The light then started to drift away. I tried moving towards it, reaching for it once more. But I couldn't move.

"Remember, Yue..."

"Wait! Wait! Please, don't leave me!" I called out so loudly before I started to fall.

"Arghhhhhh!" I screamed before I opened my eyes.

"Aaaahhhh! What the-"

"Haaa!" A boy surprisingly shouted, as well.

"Hey! You almost scared me to death!

I was catching up my breath, panting. I was lying on a futon...my eyes immediately wandered around the room I was into.

Where is this?

I returned my eyes to the boy next to me.

"Where am I?" I asked in a low tone.

"Fuuga. So, where you from?" He replied indifferently while biting an apple.

"Fuuga? Where's that?"

I don't really know anything about places, nor cared where I come from.

The boy stopped and looked at me curiously.