Traitors

Today is Yona-hime's birthday.

I changed to my grey kimono with lavender linings and put on my outer black robe, tied in a white sash. I wore my usual red cord on my forehead and then tied my hair up in a high ponytail. Picking up my katana on the side, I put it beside my waist to finish.

Just as I finished dressing, Hak knocked on my door to pick me up. We both walked through the hall, watching everyone's delight for today's event.

My brother and I, however, bore the same seriousness as if we're the only ones not ready for a celebration.

"Hak, for the past few days...have you noticed something?" I spoke in a low tone. "In the castle grounds..." He continued, as if he already know what my point is.

Looks like we both noticed it. 

"I've been sensing some nasty air around the castle. Something's up."

I may not be in the castle for a long time but I know when something's going on. I've been so uneasy for the past few days that I can't sleep normally like I used to. It feels like someone's spying my chambers every night. 

"The Princess mentioned that someone was chasing her last night. I didn't find who it was, by the way." Hak spoke grimly, and I flinched.

"I don't like this, Hak. I've got a bad feeling..."

He nodded and then narrowed his eyes. We both proceeded to the part with utmost caution instead.

As we enter the hall, we saw Soo-Won giving a hairpin to Yona-hime. My brother walked towards them to tell that the King is looking for the Princess while I walked towards the guards. 

"Aren't you the guard in charge in stationing others for the party?" 

"Y-yes, General Yue!" 

"Double the guards, I want every corner secured til morning."

"Y-yes, General!" The guard then quickly moved.

That's odd though. He's oddly nervous in front of me.  "Yue! Let's go." Hak then called which cut my thoughts down.

For some reason, I saw Soo-Won looked at me for a second. Is it bad to think that I found him suspicious? 

I helped Hak in checking the visitors going in and out from the palace. It's almost sun-down and so far, nothing's happened yet.

Hak was outside the hall, trying to going to get some air for a while. Me, on the other hand, am going to walk around the castle because I can't calm down. 

"You're going to get grey hair if you keep that, Yue." Hak said while leaning on the post.

"Shut up!" 

I continued to walk around the castle and noticed that the guards are getting fewer. It's also silent... Too silent.

After I saw one of the guards seemingly trying to run in a hurry, I called. "Hey, you!" I got his attention and he quickly stopped.

Holding his spear on his hand, he was shaking as he looked down and greeted me.

"Where are the guards who are supposed to be stationed here? To the whole castle actually. Where are they?" I asked.

He didn't answer.

Wait a minute...

"Raise your head." I ordered.

It took him a while before he finally lifted his head. "T-They are out for drinks, ma'am." His voice was shaking as he answered.

This guy-