Darkness and Pain

"Yue, come on! We're going to be late!" Yona said as she dragged me outside my chambers in the middle of the night.

"Where are we going, Princess? It's already late. Shouldn't you be in bed?" I said as I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

Yona's leading me somewhere in the palace's garden. I don't see much guards and it's awfully silent too, is she trying to murder me?

"Oh wait! Yue, Let me put this round your eyes." She said as she raised a piece of cloth from her pocket.

I looked at her confused but her face gleamed with excitement and so I can't help but to go along with it. She's too cute to be honest.

I sighed. "Okay." I said as I stood in front of her, waiting.

"Uhmm. Crouch down a little, Yue. I can't reach."

I crouched down and let her blindfolded me. I complained when it was too tight but she just said that she don't want me peeking under it.

Okay, okay. What's this for anyway?

"Okay! Walk with me slowly, Yue." She said as she holds my hand.

"Wait here, Yue!" Yona said as she let go after we walked a few paces in the garden.

I felt a little nervous as I stood there in silence, without seeing anything, and have no sword. What if there's an ambush in here? I'll be forever ashamed if I let the Princess into harm while in my presence!

I heard some footsteps and rumbling of things which made me alarmed. Where's the Princess?!

"Princess! I can feel others' presence here. Where are you?!" I said in a worried voice.

I then heard some murmurs and something hitting somewhere.

"N-no, kyaaah!" I heard Yona screamed in a low voice.

I quickly removed my blindfold and was about to search the area when suddenly I saw them behind me.

Yona, Hak, ang Soo-Won.

Soo-Won looked like he tripped on something while Hak looked like he just caught something from the air.

They all both looked at me with surprise and so did I. I turned towards the small cloth laid down the ground with a bunch of foods.

This looks like a picnic. 

Why are they having picnic here?! In the middle of the night, to be specific!

"What are you all doing?!" I said with a hint of confusion and amusement. They all looked at me like they have just been caught doing something illegal.

"Happy Birthday, Yue!!!" They all sang in chorus as they looked at me brightly.

Birthday?

Oh, right. I almost forgot...

Is it my birthday?

"Yue, we figured that we'll make us the first one to greet you before the morning comes so...happy birthday!" Soo-Won said as he stood and dusted off his robes.

"Look sis, we have your favorite red bean buns here, extra large in size. The Princess didn't made it so rest assured..." Hak said as he laid down all the foods to the mat.

Yona dragged me again towards them as I looked at them in awe that I forgot to move or say something for a while.

"Thank you...really." I said, still in awe as I look at them preparing the things.

I have spent most of my time outside the lands that I barely even remember nor celebrate my own birthday. 

If ever I did celebrate one at the tribe, Mundok would always hold a feast for everyone. It was fun...until he started introducing me to guys at my age, hoping that I'll like one of them and be betrothed.