Selfish

"Yue, I don't like asking this but...how's our budget?" Yoon approached me as I hang my new laundered clothes into the ropes. 

"Wait, uhm...let me see." I said as I went to my bag and grab our money pouch. The last time I felt my pouch heavy was only back at Awa and now...

I opened it and turned it upside-down. There were only two coins and a bunch of leaves in there to which I looked nervously. 

This is bad. We're broke. 

"There's no helping then. I'm going to the town to work." He said to us all.

There's a town nearby our camp and it seems open for all traders and travelers. Yoon took this as a chance to sell some herbal medicine he collected so that we can make money. 

Everyone of us came along and were tasked to gather customers so that we can make a sale. The boys were already doing so well in collecting people, well, mostly ladies - we have Jae-Ha in the group and so it's no problem. 

I walked around the market alone and looked for some possible racket to earn money. The place was really lively and there's so much to buy! 

Sadly, we're currently broke.

I looked over a small pile of people playing shogi that seems to have a bet. I looked over excitedly watching the match between a man, who seems like in Hak's age, and an old man who somehow resembles Mun-dok. 

I giggled to myself as I remember that old geezer. 

"Checkmate!" The young man said as he smiled confidently to the old man. 

Everyone sighed in disappointment as the old man gave a pouch of coins to him. I looked over his winnings and it was already a lot!

"How long are they playing already?" I asked a random man beside me carrying blankets and silks. 

"I don't know but that young man is in there for a long time already. Sadly, no one has won over him yet. I already lost my 5 coin bet!" He said with a groan before leaving.

Well, he must be good then. Good for him. 

I straightened up and looked around for a minute, searching where should I go next. 

"Hey, miss!" I heard someone called. 

Someone tapped my shoulder and pointed towards the man on the Shogi sit. It was the good player calling for me. 

I raised my eyebrow as I pointed to myself. Just making sure if he was really calling me. 

"Yes, you, miss." He said with a bright smile. 

I moved forward and had a closer view to him. He's definitely in Hak's age. He had a dark brown hair tied in a ponytail, his bangs, split in the middle were on the side of his face. His eyes were in a dark shade of blue, reminding me of the sea back at Awa at night. 

"Are you familiar with Shogi?" He asked me again with an interested voice. I somehow felt uncomfortable with some of the ladies gathered there, glaring at me. 

"I played it once." I timidly said. 

"Well then, wanna try your luck and play with me?" He said as he rested his chin on his hand while talking to me. 

"I don't have anything to bet." I said as a matter of fact. There's no way I'll bet my sword. 

"That's alright. Wanna play?" He said as he started to arrange the board. 

Well, I could use my luck. 

I sat down the chair, eyes on the prizes before me. 

"So here's the deal. You win, you get all of these." He gestured to all his winnings on his side witch a cocky grin.