Darkness

"Hey, Yue...why do you always feel sleepy?"

I opened my eyes and sat straight up besides the Princess and Shin-Ah.

We got into a new village, disguised as bandits. Yona wants to experience how it feels to be one, but I think we're doing it wrong? We just finished giving food for everyone and all.

The others went to the other villages and now the three of us are left here.

"My bad, Princess. Do you need anything?"

She then sneaked her hands behind Shin-Ah, trying to grab his sword but he noticed it right away and dodged. Shin-Ah won't let her borrow his sword because the last time she did, she sliced herself.

"Geez! You too, Yue! Why won't you teach me how to use the sword?!" She said pouting a bit.

I smiled nervously and went beside Shin-Ah.

"I promised Hak, Yona...but if you'll manage to get him to teach you, I'll be willing to share some practice with you." I said with a wink.

Once I promised something, I'll never go against it. Specially Hak...that idiot.

"Then let me watch you two practice together..." She requested which made Shin-Ah looked at me.

I guess, we can let her see some.

I kept bugging Shin-Ah until he agreed to spar with me. We both drew our swords and attacked.

Shin-Ah's really fast. His techniques are also natural which made it harder to anticipate nor predict his moves.

I kept on blocking his sword and in a total defense. As expected, he's strong.

But of course, I don't want to lose either. If my strength will not be as equal as his, then I can beat him in terms of speed.

In the end, it was a tie. We both huffed as we got finished.

"You're really good, Shin-Ah...not bad." I said as I sheathed my katana and wiped my sweat.

"You...too." He whispered and Yona went towards us.

She asked some things including where we learned it. Yona then asked Shin-Ah why does he need to fight with a sword when he can use his eyes.

I glanced at Shin-Ah. Now that you mentioned it...his eyes...I feel like there's something more to it.

A kid then went to us and asked for foods, Yona volunteered to catch him a bird to eat and left. I also excused my self to wash my face. Shin-Ah got left behind together with some children.

His eyes huh? I then remembered Abi...

The first time Tsukiko-san came down here, she helped Abi-san to get better, right? Are they close?

More and more, I'm getting curious to my past. I only see them in my dreams but...they don't really align well. Just small fragments.

Half of me already got a hold to Ik-Soo's revelation and Zeno's statement about the Kokuryuu. But I don't even know that much.

Maybe it's just a mistake?

After I refreshed my self, I heard a commotion back in the village. I think I also heard Yona's voice!

I quickly ran towards the direction of her voice.

I then saw Yona unconscious, carried on the shoulders by a nasty bandit. My blood boiled as I saw her being carried like some sack.

Hak's the only one I can forgive if anyone tries to treat her like that. Not by these trashes!

"Oi, bastard. Give her back..." I said in a stern voice while looking at them intently.