Battle

"Hey, Yue! Tell me...what makes a battle frightening for you?" Soo-Won said with a smile as he was opening green peas and separating it. 

What is this?

I looked down seeing Soo-Won and me, opening peas in peace. The place was peaceful, the skies are blue, enough to shadow the heat of the sun. You can only hear the breeze in the trees and the sound of opening peas.

 Is this a dream? 

Could be. If this was real I would charge immediately, funny when I don't feel any hate right now when my younger me is in front of him.  

I returned my eyes to Soo-Won, gladly opening peas and there's only the two of us. I looked around and saw that we're not in the castle.

Wait, this looks like my small house in the capital, before I sold it. I do remember something happen like this.

"Hmm...frightening? I don't get it." My younger self answered, eyebrows almost reaching each other. 

"Let's put it this way...Yue, you're the type of general like General Geun-Tae, right? You'll go straight into the battle to fight together with the others, right?" He said seriously while pointing a pea at myself. 

Huh? Geun-Tae? I'm not like that idiot at all!

"I suppose you can say so...it's a battle, Soo-Won!" Myself answered which made me sweat-drop.

 What the...I sound like an airhead here!

Soo-Won laughed softly and returned to opening the peas. "If that's the case, in a battle, what can make you stop to your horse's tracks in a battle when you see your enemy?" 

"Hmm..." Myself looked above the skies, thinking hard. My eyes remained on Soo-Won looking at me with a small smile. 

"Let's see...the time when others can attack us without even coming close, that would be a problem. Like this..." I said while picking up a pea and then flicking it to Soo-Won to which he caught anyways. We then both laughed. 

"Hmm...what else...Ah! When all of the army are mounted in horses!"

"Or worse if they're riding tigers...that will definitely make me stop to look clearly, don't you think?" 

Where are these ideas coming from me anyways? 

I looked at the both of us, laughing. My heart suddenly felt heavy. 

So something like this happened. Why did it has to change? What made you change, Soo-Won? Is the boy in front of me still in you? Or is he gone as well.

"But do you know what makes me more frightened every time I went into a battle?" I said as I stopped laughing and then returned to opening the peas. Soo-Won paused and looked at me, waiting for me.

I raised my eyes and met his' "The thought of not returning and not seeing you guys again...those I really cared about."

"Whenever I think of not being able to see you guys again, somehow...makes me scared." I said in a whisper. A pea was then flicked into my forehead which made my head fell back a bit. 

"It hurtttts! That's rude, Soo-Won!" I complained while massaging my forehead, trying to feel whether if there's a bump or what.

A hand  reached for mine's to which made my younger self stopped complaining. I saw Soo-Won holding my hand as he put it aside, looking directly to me. He then cupped the side of my face with his palm before he went to my forehead.

"You don't have to be scared with that, Yue. We'll always be together..." He said seriously to my wondering face. 

He suddenly turned red and pulled back quickly. "I-I mean, all of us...we'll meet each other again."