Birthday

"Yue, where are you?"

"Can you hear me? Wherever you are now, please be alright." 

"We agreed to celebrate your birthday together right?..."

"Come back already."

I woke up hearing Yona's voices in my head.

I stared at the ceiling of the room, thinking where could they be. I can feel the dragons more clearly now but...they're far. 

Really far.

I sat up and felt my body much better now. I was covered in bandages all over my body, even in my head. I looked down and saw that my clothes were now clean, too. Actually, these are not my clothes at all!

The soft and fresh light green kimono felt so light to my skin. The bed was also soft, too; how long has it been since the last time I've ever slept on a bed like this again?

I looked down at my hair who's now just below my chest. 

Oh, right. That scumbag Hiyou cut it. I took a glance at my wrists and undid the bandage there. 

There's still a scar evident from his cut. By now, my body's usually healed already but I guess because of the consecutive days I took their damned drug, my body's still recovering.

I looked around the room and wondered why does it look like I'm in the castle. My chambers in the castle looks exactly like this.

Exactly like this...

Could it be?! But how?!

I was startled when I heard people outside the room. A tall shadow of a man, cast outside the door made me nervous for I've got a feeling of who it might be. 

Soo-Won entered the chamber alone. His eyes quickly bore into mine and I watched him intently as he walked towards me. 

Surprisingly, I'm calm despite of the countless glares I'm giving him right now. 

"How are you feeling?" He said in a low tone. 

I expected him to act like his usual facade of a friendly air headed man but...I guess he has no reason to act like that in front of me anymore. 

My head started to hurt from the glare I'm giving him, my eyebrows were tired from trying to reach one another. I sighed as I renew my self and faced him normally.

"Alive..." I said boredly. 

I heard him sighed too, his face looks like someone who've been really troubled. I raised my eyebrows as he sat on my bed casually, just in front of me. 

"That's good to hear."

"I'm your enemy. Don't you have any fear that I might attack you right now, Soo-Won?" I said calmly just trying to check things in his head. 

"Given in your state, you wouldn't be much of a threat to me, Yue." He said coldly. 

Yup. I shouldn't have said that.

It just hit me that the Soo-Won I used to know wasn't the same as before, he can bear to kill a person right now...he can kill me. 

I looked at him for a while, noticing a sheer scar on his cheek that I'm sure was from my arrow from before. My intent to kill him that time was real...now I'm confused of why am I still alive in front of him. 

Maybe he's planning to torture me? Force me to give information about the Princess? Nope, we won't let that happen, Yue, right?

"How did you fall into that drug leader's hands anyway?" He asked monotonously while his eyes were fixed on me.