Favor

"Where's General Joo-Doh?"

It's early in the morning and after I took my bath, returned to my chambers, Soo-Won was already waiting inside, sipping a cup of tea.

I drew towards him and took a look at the second cup of tea. It smells so sweet and got a slight flower scent on it...it smells familiar.

One sip and I knew. My face dried up upon tasting the disturbing strong taste of flowers. It doesn't taste bad but it's just not my taste.

This is Lady Yun-Ho's tea!

"I forgot to mention to you that Lady Yun-Ho's tea has reached Kouka. The Five Tribes are going to have a meeting today with me, General Geun-Tae will be here, too."

Meeting of the tribes, huh?

I didn't respond. I don't even want to have anything to do with their politics, not like I care, it's best to do nothing while I'm staying here.

How long will I be in here anyway?

"Why are you looking for General Joo-Doh?" Soo-Won inquired while I went to pick up my old clothes and went behind the dresser to change.

"I don't know? Because he's usually with you all the time? Knowing you're here with me, doesn't that make him wary?" I said in a higher voice so that he'll hear me while I'm changing.

"Joo-Doh is still recovering from his injuries back in Sensui." He said in a low tone.

I slipped on my long gray kimono and purple overcoat. My black pants underneath were not visible from the skirt, I tied the black sash to my waist and looked at my reflection on the mirror.

My body feels fine already but some bruises were still visible in forehead, cheeks, and the side of my lip.

I combed my hair and decided not to tie it anymore. I'm dressed up for combat but it's not like I'm going to fight anyone here, I'm their prisoner.

I went out and sat on the table with Soo-Won. What did he said before?

Oh, right.

"It's been days already, is it that bad?" I said trying to continue the casual conversion just so we don't have an awkward silence.

"Your brother just manage to break two of his ribs. It will take a while, but I think he'll manage." He said casually.

W-What? Hak did?!

I tried to hold my reaction upon hearing his name. So they met with Yona in Sensui?!

"A-Are they alright?" I said in a low voice without looking at him.

Of course he'll not tell Yona that he found me. I'm so stupid to just think he'll return me quietly to the Princess.

I don't even know what he wants from me!

Soo-Won didn't reply.

I guess I can't inquire matters about them, huh?

"Can't I go outside? I'm a prisoner, I know, and I have no idea why you're still having me here but..."

"As you said...I owe you my life, I won't go elsewhere without repaying that debt." I said as I turned to face him.

He raised his eyebrows, agreeing to what I just said.

"I'll let you in the castle...but for now you'll stay with me." He said before he stood up and walked towards the door.

I followed him instantly. Am I a what? His bodyguard? Attendant?