Chains

We took a bath at the hot springs and went outside to spend some time together. Yona was practicing with her sword while I chatted with the others.

I suddenly felt some strange feeling which made me on guard. It feels like someone's watching me.

"Maybe we should go inside already, it's getting dark." I invited them and they agreed. After I made sure that Yona and Lili are already safe, I excused myself out of the room.

Tetora followed me.

"Please don't be suspicious of me, I'm not someone bad." I said with a slight laugh as we made down the halls of the inn.

"No, no! I'm sorry. It's just that I get the feeling that I've seen you somewhere. Is it strange?" She said politely.

I went with her as she went to get some sweets when I felt another strange feeling nearby.

"Tetora...I'm just going to make sure of something. Can you please make sure that Yona and Lili are safe?" I said cautiously as I glanced to my surroundings.

The inn was silent, not many people are out either.

Tetora understood my suspicion and went back immediately.

I tried to search every floor but nothing. Every room's closed. I went back to the reception where I saw a woman behind the table.

"Excuse me, have you seen strange people here enter?"

"No, miss. I'm afraid I haven't seen such people." She said. She then poured a drink in front of me.

"You look tired, miss. Please have a drink." She said, offering me up a small cup.

I examined the cup and saw a clear liquid in it. It looks like water.

I remember the smell of the drinks with Nadai back at the shop we've caused commotion and this one's not it.

"It's just water, miss." She said as she saw me examining it.

I drank the cup and thanked her for it. I then heard a commotion upstairs which made me alarmed. I rushed towards wherever it was but my body felt heavy the more I move.

At one turn at the hall, I saw two men blocking the path. I was about to charge at them when my body stopped cooperating with me.

I fell on the floor as I felt my body going numb and my head cracking up.

Between the two men, a familiar skinny man appeared with his crossed arms in front of me, grabbing my hair upwards and taking a look at my face closer.

"There's no mistake about it. You're that girl who asked for that scumbag Sabarou." He said in the same gnarly voice.

This was Sabarou's cousin! The one I met in the store!

"Let's take her to Lord Hiyou." He said as he ordered the men to drag me somewhere.

Not far from the highest room, I saw Tetora fighting a man in front of her. I saw her knocked him out and stopped when she saw me, she was about to help when I saw her getting stabbed by a sword through the wall.

"T-Tetora!" I called as I tried to move my body but only do so much as hit the man beside me before I collapsed again.

"You're one stubborn brat. You can still move after that drug, be thankful I didn't order to put Nadai in it instead." He said as he stepped into my back.

"What is this? Two little rats scurrying in front of me..." A man said as he went out of the room with the sword that stabbed Tetora.

"Y-Yue...he's the ring...leader." Tetora said but was hit again.