Singing 1

Trigger warning for this type of stuff (self harm, cutting, hating oneself, ect.) Will be in most chapters so trigger warning right now.

Virgil's pov\\\\

It was a usual day of waking up and staying in bed hating myself.
I only left my room every once in a while because I know I'm a nuisance.
I had one earbud in drowning out the world, but my favorite song came on, I just had to sing.

"Well, if you wanted honesty
That's all you had to say
I never want to let you down
Or have you go, it's better off this way
For all the dirty looks
The photographs your boyfriend took
Remember when you broke your foot
From jumping out the second floor?

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out

What will it take to show you
That it's not the life it seems? (I'm not okay)
I've told you time and time again
You sing the words but don't know what it means (I'm not okay)
To be a joke and look
Another line without a hook
I held you close as we both shook
For the last time, take a good hard look

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out

Forget about the dirty looks
The photographs your boyfriend took
You said you read me like a book
But the pages all are torn and frayed

I'm okay
I'm okay
I'm okay now (I'm okay now)
But you really need to listen to me
Because I'm telling you the truth
I mean this, I'm okay! (Trust me)

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
Well, I'm not okay
I'm not o-fucking-kay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay"

I clench my arms to feel something, anything at all. But as i finish the song I hear clapping coming from my doorway. Of course, it's Sir-sing-a-lot.

"Come here to mock me or did you take a wrong turn in the halls?" I spit out coldy, Roman scoffs. I hate him.

"Actually I heard you singing and I wanted to say I really liked it." Roman says with not a hint of sarcasm. I was confused, he liked something I did for once? Hmph, guess there's a first for everything.
"Also it's time for dinner and Pat wanted to invite you." Roman was seeming much nicer than usual. I get up and drop the act, putting my hands in the air.

"Whats going on? You're being way too nice to me. Do you have a prank planned or something?" I asked with a firm yet suspicious tone.

Roman pov\\\\\\*******

I was walking down the hallway to eat dinner with Logan and Patton, when I heard some very loud acapella singing. I followed the noise till I stopped right in front of, guess who's door.
Mr. Frowntown's

I was taken aback by how spot on it was, all the notes were hit at exactly the right time. I didn't think any of the other sides could sing that well. (Exept for me of course) I turn the sadsacks doorknob and, to my suprise, it was unlocked.

His eyes were closed tightly while laying back on his bed. I open the door wider so I could hear better. I stood there and listened silently. Mouthing to words to the song. Watching Anxiety's mouth move, I think of how perfect his lips would look on min- AH WHAT AM I THINKING? I-I can't like the defect. I'm a prince, we are not allowed to think about dating the bad guy. I feel my cheeks heat up as I realize the song is almost over, I try my best to try not to look like I was having world war 3 inside my head between my heart and my mind.

I start clapping. He gets his cold face on, and I brace myself for his next hurtful comment.

"Come here to mock me or did you take a wrong turn in the halls?" He spits out coldy. I panic and I couldn't think of a snarky remark so I just told the truth.

"Actually I heard you singing and I wanted to say I actually liked it." DAMMIT. I curse my self but he doesn't respond with words or a different facial expression so i continue.

"Also it's time for dinner and Pat wanted to invite you." I lied, Patton didn't send me to get him. He drops the act, gets up, faces toward me, and puts his hands up.
"Whats going on. You're being way too nice to me. Do you have a prank planned or something?" FUCK.

"No I....I...umm....I also wanted to invite you to dinner." God. Fucking. Dammit.
He gives me a strange look, but responds by grabbing his phone, sticking it in his pocket, and walking towards me. I freeze and JUST stare at him. Ughh im bad at this. I thought as a actor I could act, I don't know, cooler?

"Hey Princy, are we just gonna stand here or are we gonna go eat dinner?" Anxiety says and snaps me out of it.

"Oh yes, of course." I back out of the way so he can get through while shutting his door. We walk in silence to the stairs and we see Patton and Logan already sitting down cutting up the steaks on their plates.
"Hey guys." I say.

Thanks for reading love ya
(Now has been edited, boom)