Chapter 13 (Cody's pov)

(CODY'S POV)

All I could focus on was the girl in my arms. She was petite and beautiful. She had fallen asleep when we laid down after eating. She had her head on my chest and her arm on my stomach. When she finally opened up to me I watched all her bottled up emotions pour out onto me. I loved it more than anything. That fact that she trusts me enough to cry and let loose means the world to me. I look at her arm that is resting on my torso. She had deep scars. Long and short that went all directions. I wanted nothing more than to wrap my hands around her father's neck right now. He hurt my baby girl! Wait did I just say MY baby girl? Did I want her to be mine? Of course I did. I would be an idiot to not want that. Would she want me? God I love the girl next to me so much and I haven't even known her for two months. I wish I could kiss away the scars from her flawless skin.

I heard a ding from my phone pulling me from my thoughts. A text from my mom informed me that she was making dinner and wanted me home soon. I text her and asked if I could bring Fable and of course she said yes. She loves the girl just as much as I do. I looked down at her sleeping figure and smiled. I wanted to make her mine, but I knew that I had to get her more comfortable with me. Today was a big step for that.

I lightly shook her awake and she slowly opened her eyes. For a moment I imagined being able to wake her up everyday.

"Do you want to have dinner with my family tonight?" She looked at me and smiled. A true genuine smile, it looked good on her. She nodded her head yes before sitting up. We packed up all our stuff while we made small talk about school. Before I knew it we were in the car driving home. Her hand was resting on the console and I wanted so bad to hold it. Is that taking too big of a step? I decided to go for it. Using my left hand to drive I slowly slipped my right hand next to hers. I could see her tense up. Oh no what have I done? Then she relaxed and intertwined our fingers. Neither one of us said anything. We just smiled and kept driving.

When we get to the house we head straight inside. The smell of basil filled the entire room. I noticed that I was smiling. Fable and I walked to the kitchen, sadly we weren't holding hands anymore. I missed the warmth that it gave me. She did have my hoodie back on though because she didn't want my family to see her scars. We greeted my mom and his brother and then we all sat at the table.

"Fable?" Mike gets her attention while we eat. Mom has prepared a very nice roasted chicken that was absolutely delicious.

"Yes," she said in a scared tone. You never know what will come out of this kid's mouth.

"Marvel or D.C." he said with a sly smile on his face.

"D.C." she responded by taking another bite. I watched as his eyes grew the size of watermelons.

"No!"

"Yes!"

"You're wrong," he said pointing a fork at Fable and laughing. I laughed while taking another bite. As I ate and talked with Mike I noticed that Fable was staring at me. Not a creepy stare but like a cute one. I looked at her and she looked away. Yeah I caught you buddy. I laughed to myself. We had a very nice dinner and conversation. I loved when Fable hung out with my family. Something about it just seemed so natural. She fit in perfectly with our level of weirdness. My Father always used to tell me that if I got a girlfriend, and possibly a wife. They had to fit in with the family, or else they werent the one. I dont think he ever told Brody that, but I also dont think any of us have hope for Brody settling down.

My mother and Fable talked throughout the dinner. Mostly about woman things, which bored me and Mike out of our minds. It was nice though. I could picture being older and having dinner with my mother. Fable and I are together and happy. Okay, so maybe Im moving a little fast in my head. Its only because Ive known Fable for over four months and haven't been able to think of anything except her. She even made me forget about my Dad for a moment in time. I know I should tell Fable about my dad since she told me about hers. Well, I guess the information was handed to me. Ill tell her once we get her life sorted out though. I dont want to add any pressure to her life.

I could tell that my mom really liked Fable. I think she was just more in love with the idea of me having something happy in my life. The last months have been hard on my mental state, but Ive stayed strong for my mom and brother. My mom knows that I need someone to lean on and I think she knows that it could be Fable.