Chapter 29

To say the plane ride was awkward would be an understatement. My mom and I didn't talk the whole way to the airport, in the airport, and not even on the airplane. Now we're standing outside the airport in LA and still haven't said a word to each other. That's fine whatever. LA was very pretty and I couldn't help but admire it.

When we walked outside there was a shiny black limo waiting for us. Wait what? My mom hands the body builder dude her bags and then gets in. I mimicked her actions and then slid in as well. The inside of the limo had food and drink for days. I didn't touch any of it though. I haven't been that hungry for a couple of days.

The ride was comfortable and luxurious. Sadly it was only about twenty minutes.

"Thank you David" my mom said as the dude opened the door for her. I nodded my head at the man and climbed out of the car. When we were out the guy David opened the back and got our bags of clothes and Theo's cage and carried them inside.

I looked up and my eyes almost fell out of my head. There was a huge mansion in front of me.

"This is the Lusde mansion, I live here with my husband Greg and my other daughter" my mom says in a monotone voice. She has a husband? And another daughter? I have a sister! I almost faint at all the information.

"Nice of you to mention the whole other family you have" I whisper. She rolls her eyes and starts walking.

We walk closer to the building. It was very modern and had very clear glass. I could see behind it was a small forest. It was on the outskirts of LA and I could not be more surprised. My mom walks into the mansion. I could hear her heels clicking from a mile away.

When we entered the big white household I could hear voices inside.

"Jennifer, you're home" said a man. He said it with so much love it almost made me gag. He was tall and thin, he had sandy brown hair and great big green eyes. My mom smiled and walked over to him giving him a peck on the lips. Then she turned her attention back to me.

"This is my other daughter Fable, the one I told you about" she said. Was I really that much of a disgrace to her. The man who I assumed was Greg looked me over. Then he put a loving look back on his face.

"Hello I'm Greg, your step father" he reached out his hand. I almost gagged at his words but I took his hand anyway. He had a firm grip, that was kind of intimidating.

"Mommy" I heard a little girl scream.

I turned around to face the voice and saw a short adorable girl running around the corner of the kitchen.

"Anna baby," mom said, holding out her arms. The girl ran into her arms and my mom picked her up and spun her around. She never did that with me.

"Fable this is your sister Annabeth" mom started setting the girl down. The girl walked over to me and looked up. She had big blue eyes and long blonde curly hair.

"Hi Annabeth, I'm Fable. You can call me Fabe though" I said kneeling down to her height.

"Hello!" Annabeth said so happily.

"How old are you Annie?" I asked.

"I'm eight," she said smiling. I could see that one of her teeth was missing.

"Anna baby, why don't you show Fable to her room, it's the one right next to yours" Greg suggested. Annabeth smiles and puts her hand out for me to grab.

I noticed the driver of the limo had already taken my bags upstairs. So I happily grabbed my sisters hand and let her pull me along with her. I was already lost by the second set of stairs. I was so glad this eight year old knew where she was going.

She eventually stopped at a big oak door.

"This is your room. Mine is the one with the princess sign!" She exclaimed.

"Thank you for showing me Annie" I smiled. Then she ran off back down the stairs.

I opened the big door and stepped inside the room. It was decorated in dark purple and a shiny silver. It was a very big room, probably the size of my old room times three. There was a four poster queen sized bed in the middle of the room that had all my bags, and Theo on it.

The room also had a cute desk in the corner and a beautiful antique dresser. There was a flat screen TV and there were also two doors. I opened the first one and found a huge walk-in closet that had lights and a lot shelfs.

The second door led to a gorgeous bathroom. It had gold accents and a double sink. The lighting made me feel like I was in the sun. This room was absolutely amazing and there was no way I deserved it.

I grabbed Theo's cage and put it on one of the lower shelves. Then I fed him and held him for a while. Then I proceeded to grab my phone and dial Cody's number.

"Hey baby how's LA" Cody picked up.

"Ok it's literally the most amazing thing Co! And the house we live in is huge and modern and beautiful. Dear heavens my room is the size of a movie theater" I ranting running out of breath.

"That's amazing baby girl. Just so you know I am driving so if it cuts out I'm sorry" he apologized ahead of time.

"That's fine babe. Anyways I found out I had a step dad and a little sister!" I practically screamed through the phone.

"That's crazy! Are they nice?"

"Yeah they seemed pretty chill."

"Okay baby, there's something I wanted to tell you" he said. I could hear traces of uneasiness in his voice.

"Go ahead," I said, a little scared.

"You know how I used to live in California well my-" suddenly the phone stopped. Are you kidding me! Now I won't know what he has to tell me! Whatever I'll just text him in the morning.

I unpacked some of my clothes and makeup and then tried to find my why back downstairs. I ended up finding Greg in the hallway instead.

"Oh sorry, I got a little lost," I said, my cheeks turning red. He chuckled.

"That's fine, I was actually just on my way to come find you" he stated. Why would he want me?

"Oh really. Why?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about Jennifer, " he admitted. My mom?

"What about her?" I was kind of already bored with the conversation.

"Well I just wanted to apologize on her behalf. I know what she can be like" he explained with a shy look. I let out a snort. She told me I was fat and unwanted all in the same week. 'The why she is' doesn't sound like enough for her.

"There's no reason for you to apologize Greg," I said. Then I also added "you know you seem pretty chill."

After I said that his face lit up with a smile.

"Thank you Fable, you as well," he said, turning back around and walking away.

I found my way back to my room. It was pretty late at night and I had to start school tomorrow. Maybe it won't be too bad here, I thought to myself as I slowly fell asleep.