Chapter 36

(10 YEARS LATER)

I smile as I hear laughter come from the living room. I was in the kitchen but from hearing the front door open and close I could tell that Simon and Emily were here. Ten years ago, they had their baby and named her Samantha. Assuming from the excessive number of giggles I'm assuming they brought her with them. I heard Cody make airplane noises and Sammy laugh.

Emily walked into the kitchen and automatically started helping me with the food. She shredded cheese as she glanced at me. When she looked at me the fifth time, I stopped what I was doing and looked at her. She smiled big; I know what she was waiting for me to say.

"Will you stop looking at me" I hissed through a grin. Her gaze only becomes stronger.

"I'll stop staring at you if you tell me what the test said,'' she said practically jumping out of her own skin in excitement.

"Shh, quiet down Cody might hear you,'' I said grabbing her arm. I walked her down the hallway and into my room and closed the door. I turned around to see her staring at me again. I sighed.

"I'm pregnant,'' I said a ginormous smile appearing on my face. She screamed and jumped on me.

"I knew when Cody married you, he was making the right choice," she hollard. I kept telling her to be quiet and eventually she did.

"I'm going to tell him tonight," I announced with excitement building up inside of me. Cody married me when we were nineteen, we were now twenty-five and about a year ago we decided we wanted to have children. Then the doctors said that our bodies weren't compatible. Then I missed my period, and that was one of the happiest days of my life.

When dinner was over, we all sat in the living room just chatting. I was sitting on the love seat with Cody while the other two sat across from us. Samantha was sitting on Codys lap and he was making her laugh so much that her face was bright red. He's going to be such a good dad.

Eventually Simon packed up his family and they went home. I watched them leave the driveway through the window. I turned around and saw Cody still sitting on the couch.

I ran to the bathroom and grabbed the test and walked out holding it behind my back. I sat down in front of him on the ground. He looked down at me and smiled.

"What?" he asked suspiciously. I gave him an evil grin.

"I'm about to show you something, and you have to promise not to scream,'' I said smiling. He looked me up and down and smiled.

"Okay" he laughs. I slowly take the test out from behind my back and hand it to him. He looks at it for a second before realizing what it was. Then it clicked in his eyes that it said positive. He quickly darted his eyes to me.

"d-does this m-mean" he paused. He couldn't get the words out. He was so adorable. Instead of waiting for him to finish his sentence I just started nodding my head frantically. He started to shake as he set the test down and tackled me to the ground. He laid on top of me and there were tears rolling out of his eyes.

"You're going to be such a good mom" he sobbed.

"I love you,'' I whispered. I started crying as well.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this man.