Chapter 32

I wake up to my mom standing over me. Wait what? I look up and see her devilish eyes peering down at me. I freaked out and fell off the bed. I groaned at the burning paint in my ankle.

"You need to take those out" she says sternly. I lean up and run my head.

"Take what out" I growled through gritted teeth.

"Your piercings" she clarifies.

"I only have my ears pierced" I defend myself. She shakes her head back and forth. What did I do to her? Was I actually so ugly that she couldn't stand anything about me?

"Yes but there are like five piercings in each ear" she says reaching over at me. I dodge her as her hands try to grab my ears.

"Actually there's only three in each ear" I snapped back.

"Take them out of ther get out of my house" she says while crossing her arms again. Good thing it's the weekend and I have connections now.

"Gladly" I roll my eyes. I grab my phone and my duffle bag walking around the room grabbing things that are mine.

"What do you think you're doing" mom rolls her eyes.

"Getting out of your house. Just like you suggested" I say shoving my makeup in the duffle bag. I don't have to worry about clothes because apparently my mom didn't like them anyways.

She continues watching me as I zip up the bag and grab Theo's cage.

"Bye" I wave to her. She looked purely shocked at what I just did. As I stomp down the hallway I see Annabeth coming up the stairs.

"Hi Sissy" she says hugging my legs. I almost cry at the thought of leaving her. I have to though. I can't stay here and let my mom undo all the self confidence I've built up. I can't let her make me slip back down that rabbit hole. Ive only been here two days and I can feel myself slipping.

"Hey Annie. I love you so much" I say hugging her and then continuing downstairs. When I get to the front door I see Greg standing there. He looks sad when he sees me. Then he makes an arm gesture for me to hug him. I dropped my bag and ran over to him. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered into my ear "I understand." I let a tear slide down and then I pick up my bag and head straight out the door. I didn't look back. I kept walking. It was two miles to the nearest gas station. I pulled out my phone and called Brody.

"Hello," he said. Even though it was more like a question because he had just woken up.

"You know when you said if I never need anything?"

"Yeah?"

"Great I need you to drive me to the airport. Can you pick me up right now? I'm at the AppleGate gas station" I crossed my fingers he would say yes. Over the phone I heard some shuffling noises.

"I'll be right there," he finally said. Then I hung up. I was almost to the gas station so I dialed the second number.

"Hello sweetheart" Codys mom picked up her phone on the first ring.

"Michelle I know it's kinda short notice but can I come stay with you and Cody and Mikey?" I ask, trying not to cry. I think she noticed the panic in my voice.

"Honey of course. When will you be here" she asked. God I love this woman.

"Tonight" I say sheepishly. I can hear her laugh and it cheers me up.

"Okay! Do you want me to tell Cody?"

"Nah, make it a surprise" I chuckle. Then I see Brody pulling into the gas station.

"I'll see you tonight love you" then I hang up the phone. It's only seven in the morning so I'm surprised to see him looking so awake. I slide into his car and he looks at me wide eyed.

"Are you okay" he asks slowly.

"Yeah" I laugh.

"Look, I'm not going to ask questions about what you're doing. But are you sure you're okay?" He generally looks concerned which is nice. It's also really weird that he looks just like Cody.

"Yes I'm great, can you get me to the airport and fast as possible?"

"Yes" he grumbles. He tried to make small talk on the way but I really didn't want to talk.

"Thanks Brody. I'll tell Cody you drove me. I'm sure he will appreciate it" I say. Brody grins and then drives away.

About an hour later I'm on a plane headed for Colorado. I called Simon beforehand and asked him to pick me up. He was all too happy about it. The plane ride was okay but I was really nervous to see everyone again. I was only gone for a week but it honestly feels like it's been a lifetime.

When the plane lands I don't have to walk far before I find a very smiley Simon waiting for me. When he sees me he practically runs over and jumps on me.

"I thought I would never see you again" he burst out. I laugh at his insanity. I missed this so much.

"Are you ready to go Crazy?" He shook his head yes and we got into his car. I told him about what happened with my mom. I also told him about Annabeth and how cute she was. He listened very intently.

"I really missed you Si" I admit. He smiles at me.

"How could you not?" I punched his arm. I'm so happy to be back.