(6)

The tripod

Kenzie's pov

Skylar and Sam have fallen asleep after playing the ouija board and nothing happened. Sky was laying next to me and Sam was in the other bed.

The door opens revealing Colby holding Taco Bell. "Here." He hands me a bag and then walks over to the other little room. I get up and go join him.

"Do you have mild sauce?" I ask opening my bag and then I get a mild sauce packet to the head. "Ouch." I look at Colby who is laughing. "Rude."

He starts to eat his food, as do I. We sit there in comfortable silence on our phone and eating our tacos.

"So you aren't scared to be here?" He looks up at me and takes the last bite of his taco.

"A little. I guess." I look up at him and then back down at my phone.

"Why do you do these video? Like why do you and Sky do them?" He asks putting his phone down.

"Well when we lived in Pennsylvania we used to sneak into places and explore them. So eventually I made a YouTube channel that slowly grew peoples interests. We both just kinda like exploring abandoned and haunted places." I shrug and look up at him.

"Why'd you guys drive here instead of flying out?" He asks another question. I tense up at the thoughts of why we drove.

"We thought it would be a better opportunity for us to explore different places on our way here. We settled here because we liked being on totally opposite coasts from where we used to live." I run my hands together and watch him think about my answer. "Are you full of questions?" I ask watch him think.

"Yes." He smiles. "I don't know you are just not an open book like you seem to be on your channel." He says.

"Then ask away. Anything." I lean back in my chair ready for Colby to ask all his questions.

"Anything?" I nod. "Who's Jace?" He asks right away.

"Um." I stuttered. "Jace used to be my best friend I guess. He was like a really close family friend too. One day it just, it was different. He was getting real touchy. Not sexually but like in a mean way." I stare at Colby who started to tense but continued to listen to me. "The one day we were playing soccer and he just started kicking it super hard out of no where. I asked him to stop a couple times because it was getting to close to my face. He didn't stop so I grabbed my shit and started to leave." I played with my fingers.

"He yelled after me a couple times and I just kept walking towards the back door to go in and grab the rest of my stuff and when I got to the back door he like through the soccer ball at me then shoved me I don't really know but it was hard enough for me to go through the door. I shattered the door and fell all over glass. He kept apologizing and I just got up and left. I ended up needing a bunch of single stitches where the glass cut deep. I don't care to talk to him and Sky doesn't want me to talk to him." I finish talking and look up at Colby who is just watching me.

"Did you tell your parents about any of this?" He asked timidly.

"Yeah but since he was just a close family friend they didn't believe me. They said that they would pay to help his parents fix the door because I just kicked the ball into it." I shrug and look back into the room where Sky and Sam were sleeping.

"Wow." Was all he managed to say.

"It's whatever. I'm all good now." I pick up all the trash and throw it in the garbage can. Colby didn't ask anymore questions he just watched me throw the trash away.

I walk over to my camera and turn it on because it had been off for about an hour and it was almost 3:00 am.

Colby lays next to Sam on his phone and I laid next to Sky scrolling threw Pintrest. My phone starts to buzz and it's a blocked number. No caller id or anything.

"Colby." I whisper yell and he looks over. I point my phone at him and then answer it, putting it on speaker.

"Hello." I say turning my volume up on my phone. It's extremely quiet on the other end.

"Hello." Colby says getting close to the mic. "Hello is someone there." He says again.

"I'm hanging up." I say and shut my phone off as soon as I shut my phone off the hotel phone rings. Sky shoots up and starts to breathe heavy.

"Fuck man. That scared me." She says putting here head back on the pillow. Then stretching out kicking my legs.

The phone kept ringing. "Just let it go." Colby said watching the hotel phone. "It's nothing. It's a coincidence." He tries to say.

"Coincidence." I said back reassuringly. "That's all. Let's go. Nothings happening." I shove Sky a bit and she sticks her middle finger up.

"Let's go we dipping." Colby says getting Sam up. Both boys start to pack there stuff up. I walk over to my camera and grab it off the tripod. I turn away and walk a couple back and face my camera towards me and the tripod.

"So we are leaving because nothing is really happ." My tripod basically gets tossed behind me and I turn around super quick. "What the actual fuck."

"What the hell." Sam says.

"Shit." Sky runs and stands next to me. She walks to the tripod and picks it up. "Let's go. I've seen it now I'm ready to go home to the comforts of my bed." She says grabbing her bag and walking out the door.

"Let's go." Colby says and Sam walks out the door. I walk out after Sam and Colby follows me.

••

"Okay we just checked out and we are heading back to the Trap house. So if this video can get to 70,000 likes we will maybe do another video together. Have a great day and be happy my babies." I smile and shut my camera off. "Colby lets go." I say and Colby starts driving all four of us home.