(32)

They will love you

Kenzie's pov

I pull into the gated community that I have grown up in. I type in the code I remember and the gates slowly open.

"You guys live here?" Colby says as he looks around.

"Unfortunately." I roll my eyes knowing he is giving a what the hell look. I drive up the hill and pull around the bend. I pull into the driveway of my parents house.

"Mackenzie you are kidding right?" He shook his head as I turn the car off and see the front door swing open, revealing my mom and dad along with my older brother standing with Jace and his parents.

"Fuck." I slam my head against the steering wheel. I hear Colby's door open and seconds later I hear my door open.

"Common Kenny. It can't get any worse." I step out and I feel everyone's eyes on me. Colby closes the door from behind me and place his arm on my waist.

"Just to tell you me bing nervous. Is an understatement." He whispers and I smile knowing he is nervous.

We walk towards the door and as we get closer my brother comes running at me and picks me up. He spins me around laughing and hugging me. "Never leave me again. Next time why don't we just run away together like you know damn well you, Sky and I could have been good together."

He puts my feet back on the ground and he gives me a big hug. "I see you've brought someone else home instead of my Sky." Matt places his hand on my shoulders and looks at Colby who is watching us.

"This is Colby, he is my boyfriend." Colby place his hand out and Matt laughs lightly.

"Jace has talked about you. All bad. Of course." Matthew looked at me and smiled. Colby's shoulders moved up a bit, making it seem like he is tense. Matt notices it to and quickly shifts his mood.

Matt puts his hand out. "I'm Matthew. Mackenzie is my young sister. Up on the stairs." Max and Colby stop shaking hands and Matthew points up to the stairs. "Is my father Benjamin and my mother Jasmine." Matt then points at Jace and his parents. "That Jace. His mother Alexis and his father Jackson. They will hate you no matter what they say. They have wanted Jace and Mack to be together since they first were brought home."

Colby nods and place his arms behind his back and looks at me with a smile. I give me a smile and Matt pats my back softly.

"Let's go in mom has so much planned." Matthew leads us towards everyone that is standing outside the door. Colby's arm makes it around my waist quickly as we begin to walk.

"No one here is going to like me are they?" He whispers into my hair as we are only steps away from my parents.

"No." I whisper and look at him. "They will love you." I smile and I see him smile.

"Mackenzie." My mother smiles opening her arms for me. I step closer and then right into her arms. She squeezes me and whispers, "I love you sweetie."

"I love you too mom." I whisper back and pull out of her arms not really acknowledging my father standing right next to her.

"Mom, Dad, Alexis, Jackson. This is my boyfriend Colby. Jace you obviously know him and Max was nice enough to introduce himself." I smile and stand next to Colby with my arm around his.

Jace throws his hands up and walks back into the house. Matt starts to smirk from next to my dad. My dad shakes his head and walks into the house Jackson and Alexis follow him without hesitation and my mother stands there with a small smile on her lips.

My mother takes a couple steps and stands in front of Colby. She looks at him for a second and I let go of his arm when she looks over at me. My mom pulls Colby into a hug and he hugs her back without questioning it. Colby nods his head and when my mother and him separate.

"Okay let's go in sweetie and we have a little food out on the counter." She smiles and starts to walk in. Matthew follows her and Colby grabs my hand and we walk in together.