(24)

Breaking points

Colby's pov

I am sitting in Kenzie's car outside the hospital. I was in there waiting till everyone got there. When they got there I left. The doctors haven't come out to tell us what they think is wrong or anything.

I pound my fist against the steering wheel again remembering what had happened.

••

I tilt her head up, when her eyes meet mine I kiss her softly. I feel her lips move up into a smile. I pulled away and she instantly leans her head on my shoulder. I smile just thinking about her.

"Mackenzie you don't understand how long I've wanted to do that. Every party. And every time we watch movies together. Every single time I am with you." I whisper and kiss the side of her head. Then look away towards the window where we just were. "You are the best girl I've ever met."

She doesn't say anything, she lifts her head up and her face is straight and I can't see any emotion in her eyes.

"I'm still mad at you." She moves around me and I stand there stunned for a second. I thought she was smiling in the kiss.

"Mackenzie that is not even funny." I move as quickly as possible in front of her. She looks up at me with a smile.

"I knew you were playing games with me." I push her back and breathe.

"Shut up I'm not messing around." She smiles and looks around the abandoned barn type area.

"Shut up I'm not messing around." I mimicked her. Smiling at her smile.

"Shut up." She laughs and then walk towards the steps.

"Shut up." I smile mocking her again and walking right behind her.

"Stop mocking me bitch." She glances back at me and then starts to walk down the stairs of the place.

"Stop mocking me bitch." I laugh at her and then start to jog down.

"I give up." Kenzie stops then stomps her foot down on the step as soon as her foot makes contact with the floor boards they break under her.

"Mackenzie." I scream and jump down half the steps and run under the stairs. She is just laying there. I look up realizing we were at the top of the stair case.

I sit next to her and hold her neck. I quickly pull my phone out and dial 911. They pick up and the rest was a blur till I got the hospital.

••

I lean back in the seat and stare at the roof of her car. "FUCK." I scream and slam my hand onto the steering wheel again. "I'm sorry for hitting your car Kenzie." I whisper knowing she would be yelling at me right now for hitting her baby.

A knock sounded on the window pulling me out of my thoughts. I look over and see Skylar, who looks like she was crying. I quickly open the door and pull her into a hug. I lean back into the car and hold her close to me.

"I'm so sorry Sky. I should have went down the steps first." I whisper and she pulls away.

"What happened?" She wipes away her tears.

"I kissed her." I pause smiling at that. "And she was joking around and acting stone cold. I started to mimic her and we were walking down the steps." I pause again but this time look down. "She stomped her foot on one of the steps closest to the top and it collapsed underneath her. She fell really far down and I don't know." I look away towards all the cars parked around me. "I'm sorry Skylar."