(22)

Pizza

Colby's pov

I wake up and see Kenzie curled up against me. I slowly pull my arm out from around her waist trying not to wake her up. Successfully I do and then go to her bathroom.

After I get cleaned up I walk out to see her still in the same position. I decide on going to get pizza that was probably almost gone. I walk downstairs and see Skylar and Jake playing a video game.

"Morning lover boy." Skylar laughs after she glances back at me and then to their game.

"What's up Sky?" I walk to the kitchen and find two whole boxes of pizza left. "Did you two seriously eat two boxes of pizza?" I say looking into the kitchen.

"Honestly yeah, we didn't know who's they were but we ate two of them." Jake says after they finish a round or something because he put his controller down and walks into the kitchen.

"Okay." I laugh and Skylar walks in. She puts her arms out and I open my arms. She walks into them and relaxes.

"I've been going insane, this is the best I've seen her in the last couple years. Thank you for coming home to Ken." She says and then pulled away. She grabbed a pop from Jakes hand and left the kitchen.

Jake pats my back and leaves the kitchen. I grab a box of pizza and two Arizona's. Then head back upstairs. Kenzie hasn't moved other then flipping in the other direction.

I put the pizza on her night stand and the Arizona on the floor. I pick her arms up slowly and then put them over my legs as I sit next to her sleeping. I grab a slice of pizza and start to eat it. Kenzie's flinches and then shoots up.

"Hey your okay." I instantly put the pizza down and grab her. "You are okay." She wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me.

"Colby." She breathes out, then tries to catch her breath.

"It's okay, it was just a dream you are at home and everything is fine." I pull her away from me and she just nods and then stands up.

She walks to the bathroom, I pick my pizza back up and continue to eat it. I open my phone and scroll through it for what seems like an hour. Kenzie walks out in a towel and then into her closet.

After twenty minutes she walks out in black leggings and a green sweater. She stands in front of her mirror and pulls her hair to the side and braids it. Then she comes to her bed and pulls a bin out from under it and grabs a black beanie and pulls it on.

I just watch her do her makeup and finish up with a couple bracelets and a necklace. She turns around and looks at me. She looks down and then back at me.

"Is this okay?" She does a little spin and then looks at me again.

"What are you doing today?" She looks down and then she looks at the wall for a minute.

"I don't think we are doing anything today." She shrugs and then comes and sits on the bed.

"Okay first you look fine. And second let's go explore some place." I smile and take a bite of my third slice of pizza.

"Okay. Let's do it." She leans over me and grabs a piece of pizza. "Come on we should go now because it's gonna be getting dark soon."

She pointed at the window and I noticed it was late in the day now. I had totally forgot that we took a nap when I got home. It had to be four or five o'clock now. I hadn't even checked the time on my phone while I was on it.

"Let's go now. Let me change my pants and we can head out though okay?" She nods and leaves the room. I pull a pair of jeans out of my pile and slip them on quickly.

I walk out of her room after grabbing my phone and her keys. She was leaning against the wall outside her room.

"Ready Kenny bear." I smile and she nods looking up from her phone. We go downstairs and I see Skylar and Jake still playing their game.

"You two are still playing that game!" I say amazed at how long they've been playing.

"Yes!" They scream at the same time.

"Bye guys." Kenzie waves after opening the door and we walk out. Now I have to figure out a abandoned place we can go to.