(31)

He scares me

Kenzie's pov

I pull off I-79 and on to the road that would take me to the lake hotels. Colby has been trying to make small talk and I have been so mad that I haven't really said much. He has been going on his phone and sometimes watching me.

I pull into the parking garage of the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. We get out and Colby and I grab our bags, then start walking towards the elevator.

"Colby." I look over at him as the elevator doors close. He looks at me and doesn't say anything. "I am sorry for being mean." I whisper causing Colby to smile.

"Yuh dummy a three hour car ride was fun." Colby puts his arm around me and pulls me close giving me a quick peck. "So where do your parents live?" Colby let's his arm fall from around me and into my hand as we walk to the check in counter for the hotel.

"Close." Was all I said as the lady at the counter began to talk.

"Hello my name is Alexis and I will be so happy to help you today." She looked up and smiled politely.

"Hi are we able to get a one bed hotel room?" I ask and she begins typing on her computer.

"We only have a suite available right now, we have two rooms booked for tomorrow so we can't give you those and with ev-." Colby cut her off.

"Ma'am just give us the suite." I look over at him and he shakes it off.

"Oh okay. May I have a name?" She says looking between us.

"Willow." I say looking down knowing the next thing that is gonna be said.

"Oh my. You are Benjamin Willows daughter. I am so sorry for the way I was." She began to apologize and Colby's face turned to confusion as he held my hand.

"Yea yea just um can we have the room please." I say politely knowing if I was rude my dad would find out instantly.

"Yes here you go." She handed the card to us, I pull Colby away.

"What was that?" He said with an amused smile on his face.

"Dad and mom are have a plentiful amount of money here and they invest a lot." I shrug pressing the keycard into the elevator slot and pushing the top floor.

"Ah." Colby whispered and the elevator door opened showing us a wall. As we stepped out a hallway going both ways. "Room 84." Colby whispered looking at the wall, then walking down to the left.

We find our room quickly and I slid the key card into the door and it clicked open. As soon as we get in the door closed and Colby picked me up. He wrapped my legs around his waist and walked over the bathroom. He sets me softly on the counter.

His hands run up and down my back. He stops his hands on my hips pulling me closer to him and kissing me, I put my fingers on the back of his neck and slowly move them to his hair.

My phone begins to ring and I groan. "Fuck." I whisper putting my head on Colby's shoulder. He picks my phone up answering it.

"Hello Mackenzie's phone." He kisses my head and rubs his hand over my back. I can hear my dads voice boom on the other side of the phone.

"You seem to always answer my daughters phone." My dad says and Colby's body freezes.

"Oh I'm sorry sir your daughter is in the shower right now she is getting ready to come over and see you and your wife." Colby stepped away from me and pointed to the shower, I grabbed the strings of his hoodie and slid off the edge of the counter walking right against him. He wrapped his arm around me.

"Ah and so are you? In what? The same room?" My dad asked causing Colby to look down at me.

"Well yes sir. We are sharing a hotel room. And she is showering as I am waiting to get in the shower." This time Colby pointed at the shower in a more aggressive way. I smile and quickly kiss his cheek and shove him out of the room as I hear my dad continue to talk to him.

I jump in the shower washing everything super quickly and the getting out. I begin to blow dry my hair and realize I need my hair products. I open the door and come face to face with Colby who seems stressed.

"Your dad scares me. Not lying. Just a little scary. Big boss man scares me." He says lightly pushing me to the side as he strips into nothing but his boxers then steps into the shower closing the curtains and then tossing his boxers out.

"Colby don't fall into his mind trap okay. He wants to scare you." I open my suitcase and grab my hair products as I hear Colby groan from behind the shower curtain.

"Kenny he gave me a heart attack. Like scared me. He said he is buying me a separate hotel room if you decide to stay at the hotel." I spray a couple puffs of heat protectant on my hair and continue to dry it.

The water shuts off and I see Colby's arm poke out and make a grabbing motion and I grab his hand.

"Listen I would love to hold your hand and come out there right now but if you don't hand me a towel so I can dry off and get ready. Your father might kill me." He says squeezing my hand. I smile and start to laugh.

I hand a towel to Colby and wait a second till I see the curtain swing open. "What time did he give you?" I ask smiling at my not so innocence boy rushing around.

"He said. His exact words were you have till 4:30 any second later and we will be having a long conversation." I look down at Colby's phone next to the wall. The clock said 4:00.

Colby's eyes got big as he saw I was not even dressed yet. He started to dry my hair for me as I finished up my makeup. And we both quickly got changed. Colby took his clothes into the bathroom, changing and walking out.

Colby wore a white button up with black jeans and his black sneakers. Colby was drying his hair as he walked toward me. I noticed his buttons weren't finished so I buttoned the last two.

"Thank you I was rushing and I started to get nervous and yeah." He said kissing my forehead and then taking a step back and looking at me. "You look stunning." He smiled and then looked over at the clock that now read 4:19.

"Mackenzie lets go." He dragged me out of the room and quickly down to the elevator.